David on reception, who checked us in was very helpful. He gave us a map and pointed out where the places of interest are. He also told us about the tarjeta transbordo – a card for the local buses which costs €8.50 (plus an initial set up fee of around €2.00) for ten trips. The card can be shared by more than one person.
We found the hotel to be very clean. Our bedroom (a twin) was larger than average with a well equipped bathroom.
The breakfast room is bright and spacious. The food is excellent, with a good selection of juices, fruit, cold buffet, pastries as well as a hot bacon, eggs, and sausage.
The only downside was that there is no bar (although some hotel-booking websites’ photos show one). We arrived on a Sunday evening and found that the local bars were closed, as was most of the Larios shopping centre adjoining the hotel. We were weary from travelling and were looking forward to refreshment without having to go too far, so it was disappointing to find that the hotel no longer has a bar.
NB This was only a problem because we arrived on a Sunday – on the other days of the week there are several local café/bars open, as well as the ones in the Larios centre, which is open to 10pm.
If you are over 65 and from the EU take a photocopy of your passport with you. This will enable you to get a 50% discount in the Museo Picasso & Museo Carmen Thyssen and an entrance fee of only €0.60 into the Gibralfaro Castle and the Alcazaba.
It’s only the fact that there is no bar at the hotel that stops me from giving 5 out of 5.
Stayed for a week in October 2013. Travelled as a couple.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened in 1999, the Tryp Alameda hotel is strategically located close to the harbor, the historical city center and the commercial & business district of Malaga. Next to the bus and AVE station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Melia, Lastminute, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Tryp Malaga Alameda Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tryp Alameda Hotel Malaga
- Tryp Hotel Alameda
- Tryp Hotel málaga
- Tryp Malaga Alameda Hotel Costa Del Sol, Spain