“Good hotel in a good location”

Tryp Malaga Alameda Hotel
Ranked #22 of 89 Hotels in Malaga
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We stayed in this hotel during Easter in April. Easter is simply massive in Malaga so my normal hotel choices were either booked up or had increased their prices to royalty / professional footballer prices. The Alameda still had rooms at a good price so I booked here instead.
I was certainly not disappointed, the hotel is in a great location round the back of the Larios shopping centre. Very close to the main bus and train stations and also only a short walk into the centre of town.
The room was a decent size, clean and had all the amenities you would expect. The view was not exactly the hanging gardens of Babylon but it’s a city centre hotel so not really expecting anything spectacular.
The staff were very friendly, an elderly woman in the queue in front of me was having issues with her onward flight details and the staff member contacted the airport for her and helped sort it all out. A very commendable level of service and something that would be refused in many hotels.
The hotel does have a bit of a “corporate event” feel to it, somewhere for business conferences etc. but perfect for a short stay in Malaga.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Javier T, Gerente at Tryp Malaga Alameda Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear traveller,

Thank you for your great opinion about Tryp Alameda. This comment encourage us to continue working to achieve a high level for our clients.

We hope to see you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Tryp Malaga Alameda Hotel

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Good Hotel only 5 minutes from Maria Zambrano Station (8 minutes and 3 stops from Airport 1.75 euros single every 20 minutes) above Larios Shopping centre. 10 - 15 minutes to city centre.
Plenty to see some great restaurants and bars, Surprised to find prices reasonable , certainly less than Barcelona. With the Train Station being nearby the beach towns of Torremolinos, Benalmadena and Fuengirola are only a maximum of 45 minutes away. (nice for a stroll along the prom.) Would not recommend going during Holy Week (unless you want watch) as the number of Spaniards in the town doubles almost and several major roads are closed for the celebrations making it difficult to get to the restaurants in the city centre. However having said that there is a fantastic atmosphere and some good sights although after 5 days it is a bit repetitive.

Room Tip: No tea/coffee making facilities in room but does have minibar with space for own wine etc. Only a br...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ianlivi
Javier T, Gerente at Tryp Malaga Alameda Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear traveller,

I appreciate your consideration in sending us your personal comments.

We hope to visit us again soon .

Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Decent rooms and great service not far from the city centre (15 minute walk but the buses run frequently).
Breakfast is rich. No dinner option unfortunately but there are nice restaurants nearby.
Some rooms are located just above the car park entrance and it took us a while to figure out what the rumbling noise was each morning.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Javier T, Gerente at Tryp Malaga Alameda Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your opinion . Every comment we receive is very important for us to achieve our clients feel confortable between us.

We hope to visit us again and warments regards,

Reviewed 29 March 2014

This hotel is very well situated for sightseeing the compact city of Malaga. Just next door is the Larios shopping centre with a good foodhall covering most tastes, we used the Block House each evening and found the meals there perfectly fine. There is also a supermarket for sundries.
Our room on arrival was stiflingly hot, the window was closed so we assumed it would cool with the fan on and window open. However, after a sticky uncomfortable night, we asked reception why the air con was not on, we were told that at this time of year, March, we have the heating on, the air con comes later! We were though moved to a much nicer, cooler room at the front of the hotel. The bed was very comfortable and the room well equipped although lacking in tea/coffee making facilities.
The breakfasts were plentiful and delicious, served in a spotless dining room, each day available from 7a.m. except for Saturday which is 8a.m. worth knowing that it is later if you have to leave early for your flight as we did.
Staff at reception were eager to help, we did notice there were no leaflets or maps displayed for tourists.
We stayed for 4 nights and were very pleased with our choice and its location.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front are cooler but may be less quiet if windows are open.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Javier T, Gerente at Tryp Malaga Alameda Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Dear client,

Thank you for your excellent rating, these comments encourage us to continue carrying out our daily work and provide our passionate travellers visiting the city, unforgettable experiences.

We hope to visit us again soon.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

We stayed in this hotel our first and last nights in Andalusia and it was an ideal way to begin and end our trip. We flew in an out of Malaga, using train and bus travel to do a loop around the region. Tryp Alameda is about a 15-minute cab ride from the airport and about a 5-minute walk to the bus and train stations, making it ideal for stop-over travelers like ourselves.

On top of that, the room was large, spotless, with very comfortable beds and linens. Between the comfortable beds and dark drapes, we were able to catch up on jetlag the first day and then walk downtown (a 15-minute walk) for people-watching and tapas. This is a modern, business-oriented hotel, so don't expect Spanish charm or personal touches, but if you want a well furnished, clean, comfortable hotel, I'd highly recommend.

Dear traveller,

I will share your opinion with all my staff and I appreciate your comments.

Thank you very much and I hope you can visit us in a future.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Have stayed at this hotel previously a few years ago for one night, however, this time we stayed for 3 nights to explore Malaga. Welcome excellent, easy to find - about 5 minute walk from Maria Zambrano Rail Station (3 stops from Malaga Airport). Room was huge, bathroom was spacious and bed very comfortable (especially the pillows).
Booked breakfast which was FAB ! Great selection of food, cooked/breads/pastries/fresh fruit, juices etc etc ...... ! Lovely little restaurant, staff were very attentive and extremely hard working. Would definitely stay here again. Its about a 15 min steady walk to Malaga city centre, few road works going on, but on the whole easy to walk. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor, but lift available. Restaurant is on the 1st Floor. Facilities availabl...
1  Thank DottyLincoln
Javier T, Gerente at Tryp Malaga Alameda Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

First of all I want to thank you for having chosen Tryp Alameda for your stay in our city.

I appreciate your opinion that help us to achieve a higher satistaction level for our guests.

I hope to visit us again in a future.

Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 4 nights at the end of last year on a spur of the moment holiday with a friend (he was in a different hotel).

When I arrived the room they allocated me hadn't been cleaned, but they were very efficient at finding me a new room straight away. The reception staff were helpful, and we're happy to help me find out information I needed, but not as helpful as they could have been (as I felt the reception staff in my mates hotel A LOT more helpful)

The view I had of a multi storey car park was terrible!

The room itself was very spacious with a comfy bed and had a decent sized, mainly granite bathroom. The only fault I could really find with the room, which saw REALLY annoying, was that whenever you turned off the big lamp in the corner it would cut the power to the plug sockets in the room. I ended up having to leave the bathroom light on and my phone on charge in there overnight. There was air conditioning, but even on full blast you would have been better off blowing on yourself!

All in all, not a bad hotel, but I definitely don't think it warrants the 4* it currently has. I've stayed in better 3* B&B's if I'm honest.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo