Our family of five with three young children (ages 9, 7, 4) traveled to Spain to spend 6 days in Andalucia. We wanted a beach and a pool for the kids and were able to enjoy both of these at Tryp Guadalmar. The rooms were comfortable but not fancy. The rooms have tile floors, decent air conditioning and nice shelves in the closet to store clothes. There are no clocks in the room, and we only found one outlet to charge our devices. There is free wifi in the hotel, but when you turn a device off, you have to re-log in each time.
When we first arrived, we did not have adjoining rooms, despite our request. The hotel staff worked hard to help us out. We had two separate rooms for one night and then the next night were in the adjoining rooms we requested. The staff handled it great.
The breakfast buffet was satisfying with a good selection of Spanish breakfast items (cheeses, bread with olive oil, cheeses and ham!). We skipped lunch and dinner at the hotel, finding it less than exciting, really more of a repeat of breakfast. But there were plenty of local restaurants that served excellent alternatives!
The beach is pebbly, but at low tide the boys didn't mind at all. We rented beach chairs the last two days there and were really comfortable. My boys loved the warm pool but I enjoyed doing laps in the slightly cooler outdoor pool. Be aware there will be topless women sunbathing on the beach! This is still the Costa del Sol and my American boys were a little surprised at first. At this hotel, you have to put a deposit down on towels and don't forget to shower before you get into the pool. It's the standard in Europe. You should also bring swim caps unless you want to buy them there.
The hotel doesn't have an ATM and there isn't one in the neighborhood. We didn't learn the ride the buses but there was a stop right outside the hotel. We found some lovely places to eat within walking distance (Tick Tack, El Rincon, and Chiringuito on the beach). We rented a car and found driving around the South of Spain to be really easy and friendly. Be careful walking around the sidewalks, people don't scoop their pets' poop.
Try to learn a little Spanish before you go, it will make things easier. The hotel staff speaks some English but it's better to meet them halfway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Tryp Guadalmar hotel is placed right alongside of the beach, facing the sea. Just ideal for combining business and leisure. Only 2 km from the Plaza Mayor with its leisure activities, 3 km from the airport of MÃ¡laga (Pablo Picasso) and 6 km from Malaga away. Close to various golf courses as well as the Malaga & Torremolinos Convention Centre. Furthermore, the hotel is the perfect starting point for getting to know Granada, Seville, Cadiz and Cardoba ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Melia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Tryp Malaga Guadalmar Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tryp Guadalmar Hotel Malaga
- Tryp Hotel Guadalmar
- Tryp Hotel málaga
- Tryp Malaga Guadalmar Hotel Costa Del Sol, Spain