Everything about this hotel is excellent. Easy to find from the airport, it is most unusually (for this part of the world) situated away from the concrete jungles along the coast, in a residential area of pretty villas. The hotel has a pleasant, open feel as you come in, and staff were most friendly and helpful. In fact we emailed for directions at midnight the day before we left home, and were very surprised to receive an immediate reply even though it was one hour later there - what service! The rooms all face the sea and are beautifully spacious, with lovely marble bathroom, big beds, and a balcony. One commentator has said the beds are hard, well, that nearly put us off but pleased to say it did not - maybe they changed the mattresses but the bed was wonderful, I can't sleep in a hard bed but had the best nights' sleep here. Pleased to say too that even though we could see planes going to the airport there was virtually no noise or disturbance, and you can always ask for a room on the other side if you prefer. Decor is cheerful and calming, the whole hotel is a very relaxing experience. As for the food, the breakfast offers everything you could possibly want but if you are looking for an evening meal you would do better to go a few minutes along the road to a lovely friendly Italian restaurant (ask at the reception desk for directions). The Tryp only offers bar food, which in itself isn't too bad but if you are looking for a proper meal then probably this is not ideal, though fine for us when we arrived. There was only one drawback as far as we were concerned and that was that the gym and indoor pool didn't open till 10am, which was too late to use it before breakfast as I would have liked. There is a very nice outdoor pool but January was a bit too cold for that! If you've got a car then communications are easy, we didn't try public transport but there was a bus stop just outside. Only about 10 minutes from Malaga - parking difficult unless you use one of the big parking lots, which cost about 1.80 euros an hour. Car paking at the hotel is free.
All in all an excellent experience staying at this hotel and would recommend it highly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Tryp Guadalmar hotel is placed right alongside of the beach, facing the sea. Just ideal for combining business and leisure. Only 2 km from the Plaza Mayor with its leisure activities, 3 km from the airport of MÃ¡laga (Pablo Picasso) and 6 km from Malaga away. Close to various golf courses as well as the Malaga & Torremolinos Convention Centre. Furthermore, the hotel is the perfect starting point for getting to know Granada, Seville, Cadiz and Cardoba ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, Melia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TravelUp, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tryp Malaga Guadalmar Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tryp Guadalmar Hotel Malaga
- Tryp Hotel Guadalmar
- Tryp Hotel málaga
- Tryp Malaga Guadalmar Hotel Costa Del Sol, Spain