For being a four star hotel this was as close to a disaster we ever experienced! When arriving to the hotel we were told our room was not yet cleaned and we'd had to wait half an hour. Since we were a bit early, we decided to go out fot lunch. When arriving at reception an hour later our room was STILL not ready. The receptionist informed us that his job certainly was not to look after the cleaning personnel. He could not do anything about our room not being ready. Check in time was set to 14.00 and we finally got our room at 15:00 - after waiting for two hours in total! We felt v3ery ignored by all receptionist personnel.
The room was supposed to be a premium room but we never understood the premium ot it at all! It was not very big, internet was at charge, there was nothing included that didn't seem like standard apart from the view from the 8th floor.
Since we were to leave early for the airport we asked for at prebooked taxi, but were told that this shouldn't be necessary - there was always taxis waiting outside. We were also promised a continental breakfast to be served at 6 am, as the included breakfast buffet didn't start until 8.
We tried asking for a taxi later that evening, as we thougt the service might be better when day personnel got home, but got the same info. No taxi booking was necessary as there always was taxis outside the hotel.
When arriving at 6 am in the morning no breakfast was to be found.. When asking in the reception, the night security officer shuffled over the floor to make some coffe and then just got back to his seat. He didn't say a word and we had to ask where to go. The breakfast was set for one person. One plate of bread and one cup of coffe.. We were two adults and one child. And in a hurry, since the time was running.. We finnally managed to have the tired security to make us another cup of coffe and rushed out to the waiting taxis - that of course was not there.. We arrived at the Airport 40 minutes after planned time.
In all our journeys around the world, on business trips, on backpacking, on luxury weekends or on holiday with our child we have NEVER experienced such indifferent or nonchalant hotel staff. Next time we'll stay in Malaga or in Torremolinos to be close to the airport!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Tryp Guadalmar hotel is placed right alongside of the beach, facing the sea. Just ideal for combining business and leisure. Only 2 km from the Plaza Mayor with its leisure activities, 3 km from the airport of MÃ¡laga (Pablo Picasso) and 6 km from Malaga away. Close to various golf courses as well as the Malaga & Torremolinos Convention Centre. Furthermore, the hotel is the perfect starting point for getting to know Granada, Seville, Cadiz and Cardoba ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Jet2Holidays , Hotels.com, Priceline, Melia, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Tryp Malaga Guadalmar Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tryp Guadalmar Hotel Malaga
- Tryp Hotel Guadalmar
- Tryp Hotel málaga
- Tryp Malaga Guadalmar Hotel Costa Del Sol, Spain