“Great hotel- great location - great rooms”

AC Hotel Malaga Palacio
Ranked #14 of 89 Hotels in Malaga
Moncton, New Brunswick
“Great hotel- great location - great rooms”
Reviewed 25 June 2013 via mobile

Great hotel. Great location. Awesome roof patio and pool. Good retaurant. The food was great. The rooms were clean and quiet. The view was breath taking. Malaga is awesome. Bed was ultra comfy. We want to go back. Only glitch was no wifi in rooms. It did however have it in the lobby. Other issue: can't eat in the lobby. We got kicker out of lobby from bringing food from outside!! Even after buying a beer. We were pretty tick off because all they wante to do is make money off of us.

• Stayed June 2013
AC_MAP, Gerente at AC Hotel Malaga Palacio, responded to this review, 28 June 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your lovely comments abour our property. We do really appreciate it.

Let us inform you that we do provide wifi in the rooms with an extra fee, 5 euros each 24 hours.

Related to eating in the lobby, this is not allowed because the lobby is not an enabled zone to eat.
It's not that we want to make money off of you, it is only a matter of respect for other clients.
You can bring food from outside and have it in your room, but on in the common areas. For that we have the restaurant and the bar areas.

Again, thank you so much for your comments, the help us to improve our services every day.

Best regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (410)
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Our first trip to Spain and we picked this hotel because of its brand and we received a very nice room with nice view and large balcony and near the waters and many good restaurants near if you like fish! We was in this hotel for 3 nights only but we hoped it was longer because we came away with many nice memories of Malaga. Breakfast is little expensive but everything was special and great. Tahnk you and we see you again next year, Ben.

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
AC_MAP, Gerente at AC Hotel Malaga Palacio, responded to this review, 25 June 2013
Thank you very much for your lovely words about our property.

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our Hotel.

Please, our aim is your satisfaction, so do not hesitate in coming back to the hotel and informing us about all your comments related our services and facilities, that make us better everyday and give us the best opportunity to be your reference hotel in Malaga.

We are looking forward to hearing from you soon
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 19 June 2013

The location is unbeatable. They try a little too hard (don't need a guy there pressing the button for the elevator). The room was okay (great balcony and view) but the equipment is a little old. Creaky, average-comfort bed. The rooftop bar/patio is awesome. So for the price I paid, I was happy, but I have to say it is not all it's cracked up to be.

Room Tip: Go high for a view of the sea.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
AC_MAP, Gerente at AC Hotel Malaga Palacio, responded to this review, 22 June 2013
We are pleased you have shared your comments related your last stay with us that make us to improve everyday. Our aim is to satisfy all individual needs and to ensure that all our guests will keep a most memorable experience. We will be pleased in having you again with us so do not hesitate in contact our property and we will offer you a nice stay.
Best regards
Australia
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Stayed two nights at this hotel in early June 2913. I chose this hotel because of the location & the roof top bar pool area & I was not disappointed. Everything in Malaga is easily reached on foot, including the old town area, port and the beach. I enjoyed a Sangria at sunset overlooking the town which was lovely. Rooms were clean, well appointed and quite roomy. There was a balcony but no chairs to sit on. I used the gym on the third floor which although small, had everything I needed and again was spotless. Free water in the gym fridge was a nice touch.
It there was anything I could ask them to improve, it would be to extend the free wifi to the rooms. I know if you pay a premium you can have it but this day & age wifi should come free with all room rates. The lobby wifi did work well though and there was lots of spaces to sit and relax while catching up on email etc.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor
Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
AC_MAP, Gerente at AC Hotel Malaga Palacio, responded to this review, 11 June 2013
We are pleased you have shared your comments related your last stay with us. We are delighted you have enjoyed a lovely stay in our property. We will be pleased in having you again with us so do not hesitate in contact our property and we will offer you a nice stay.
Thanks and regards
Andalucia, Spain
Reviewed 7 June 2013

We spent 2 nights at the hotel, it is well located, close to shops and restaurants and if you have a sea view great views across the harbour. The staff we found were very attentive, helpful and polite, always making you feel they wanted to give a good service. Our room was equipped well, good bed but no room safe which is a little odd today. Breakfast was ok, fresh food but it always amazes me the charges hotel make for breakfasts.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
AC_MAP, Gerente at AC Hotel Malaga Palacio, responded to this review, 10 June 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your comments about our property.

We are very thankfull to know you enjoyed your stay among us.

Please, our aim is your satisfaction so do not hesitate in coming back to the hotel and informing us about all your opinions related our services and facilities that make us better everyday and give us the best opportunity to be your reference hotel in Malaga.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Hotel is in an excellent location, easy to walk to waterfront, shopping walk streets, the cathedral and all the old city. Staff at this hotel was a pleasure to deal with, they were informative and always greeted you with a smile. The women that checked us in (I believe her name was Sylvia) was a delight and really went out of her way to give us tourist information, and her restaurant suggestions both for tapas and dinner were fantastic. The hotel has a magnificent view from the roof and as it was a little cool the evening we were there the heaters and the blankets they offered allowed us to be able to sit outside and truly enjoy it. Our room had a terrific view of the Cathedral with a small balcony.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to be in a great location in the heart of old Malaga. We were only there the one night, but found both the hotel and the city exceeded our expectations.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
AC_MAP, Gerente at AC Hotel Malaga Palacio, responded to this review, 8 June 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your lovely words about our collegue Silvia, we will transfer your comments to her.

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our Hotel.

We are looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Scotland
Reviewed 1 June 2013

I often travel through Malaga on the way to Nerja but this is the first time I have actually stayed in Malaga, I was very surprised how lovely it is.

The hotel has a great location, right beside the cathedral with many bars and shops very close by. I had a room on the 6th floor that overlooked the park and the port, pretty decent view.

Room was of a reasonable size with all of the usual amenities. I had a few issues with my room though, firstly the bed creaked loudly everytime I moved, the noise woke me up a couple of nights when I moved while asleep. There was a problem with my shower, it sprayed water all over the bathroom so the floor looked like there had been a flood! I reported it to reception on the first morning, it was looked at but not fixed. I reported it again on second morning and this time it was fixed but it really shouldn't have taken me reporting it twice. On my second day my room was not cleaned, I had been out all day and returned at around 5pm so plenty of time for the room to be cleaned.

I had breakfast on one morning, there was plenty of choice - but at 33 Euro way too expensive! It turned out to be a very expensive bowl of cereal, glass of orange juice and slice of toast. how the hotel can justify charging 33 Euro for breakfast is beyond me, I feel totally ripped off.

The roof top pool area is small with a few sun beds but offers fabulous views of Malaga.

I would stay in this hotel again but will definitely have breakfast outside of the hotel and save money!

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors are quieter, less street noise and one side of the hotel has views of the par...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
AC_MAP, Gerente at AC Hotel Malaga Palacio, responded to this review, 7 June 2013
Dear cliente,

We are pleased to inform you that there are differents types of rooms even 100mª rooms. Breakfast buffet is 15€10% tax not included, also you can order a continental brekfast, or even a cup or coffee and each kind of breakfast has a different rate.

We will be pleased in hearing from you soon
Thanks and regards