“An Enjoyable Stay in Malaga”

AC Hotel Malaga Palacio
Ranked #14 of 87 Hotels in Malaga
Reviewed 3 August 2010

Great location; airport bus stops right opposite hotel, a two minute walk from the shopping area and surrounded by lovely tapas bars and restaurants. Reception staff didn't speak much English and I was forced to communicate in my poor Spanish but staff responded and I got what I wanted ie a quite room. Some of the room overlooked a busy main road. Rooms were adequate and comfortable though I could hear voices from the room next door. The air con was very quite, free mini bar was great and plenty shampoos etc were available. Found BBC news channel after lengthy search. Breakfast was adequate but not great. View from the rooftop pool was spectacular and though the pool was small, I got a seat and a sun lounger. Number 4 bus stops outside hotel and takes you to the bus station. From there, you can travel to Granada or down the coast.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (2,352)

Reviewed 27 July 2010

I booked this hotel by internet for 4 days in Malaga with my wife after renting a villa in Frigliana - up the coast. We had stayed in this hotel last year and had enjoyed our stay. Unfortunately one of my wife's close relatives became fatally ill and we had to return home before the stay dates in this hotel - but we needed to cancel.
I phoned before the booked dates (2 days before) to cancel but was told that because I had booked on-line the hotel could not cancel it - only I could do that. I explained that I was phonong from the remote mountains and did not have internet access but they were firm that they could not do anything. Surely a big hotel chain must have an IT unit? I asked to speak to the bookings manager but she was in a meeting and the General Manager was not in the building! A real shambles.
Anyway, in addition to the family illness we had a big hassle with the hotel! You can the calibre of an organisation by the way they respond when things go wrong and the AC Malaga Palacio Hotel failed that test!

1  Thank andken0195
Reviewed 19 July 2010

the hotel staff were awful, so rudeto us, when we arrivied there was no one to help us up the steps to the reception desk with our luggage, when we finally got to our room and decided to call for 24hr room service as it was too late to go out for dinner i was yelled at down the phone and the order was wrong and cold on arrival to our room. swimming pool does not open until 10am and for the 3 days that we were there, there was a huge clum pf hair sitting at the side of the pool, absolutly disguisting. then there was the couple who decided to have sex by the pool while myself and my friend were sunbathing not 25 feet away. the bar staff never once asked if we wanted a drink while we were at the pool, and when we asked for cocktails on the sunday night we were told they only do cocktails at the weekend, hmm!
breakfast in the hotel is very over priced and lacking in selection.
I would definatly say not to stay in this hotel as it ruined our whole vacation.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 July 2010

In any other trip, this hotel would have received 5 stars from me with a great review..
It is in the centre of Malaga, with a great veiw of the port, just around the corner from the city. It has a roof top pool and bar with a veiw of a historical sight (I didnt go, so I wont try and pretend) and it has free minibar.
We were there the night that Spain qaulified for the world cup final and got to watch the city go mad from our balconey, awesome experiance to watch.
But my wife and I had just come from the Greek Islands, and compared to the Greek Islands Malaga is well nice.
Apart from that, Malaga is worth a visit, we stayed in Malaga as my wife has family there, and I can see why they would want to live there, the beaches are gorgeous, and appeared safer than beaches in Barcelona, if you get the chance its worth spending a night or two.

Reviewed 16 July 2010

We stayed for 3 nights after a cruise, after the prices of drinks on board the ship we were delighted to see a free mini bar, consisting of beers,coke, water, fantas and soda which were replenished each day. Plenty of toiletries in bathroom, even comb, razor and toothpaste and brush.Reception staff were helpful in getting our transport to the airport sorted out for us,when cruise line had let us down. Only bad side were the lifts, they were very small when you have to get in them 2 cases, hand luggage and yourself.

Reviewed 15 July 2010

A good hotel in an excellent location but it it can be a noisy loccation especially at weekends. As with all Spanish hotels of this standard, breakfast is a complete rip off unless you are on business expenses but there are many cafes nearby where you can join the locals for breakfast for a fraction of the cost.

Reviewed 14 July 2010

This was our last night in Spain with our family of 8 and it was a great way to relax and enjoy!
A small issue with parking for our 9 passenger van-they told us they had parking over the phone but english/spanish misunderstanding-they ended up letting us park it in the drop off area for 2 days/1 night-very accommodating! They also gave us a late check out on one of our rooms since our flight was later in the day. Beautiful view from rooftop pool and bar. Good service for drinks and snacks by pool-if you go ask-they don't come to you. Showers at pool so we were able to hang out by the pool and use work out facility AND shower before our flights home. One negative-saltwater pool-which bothered my 2 boys and their sensitive skin. We had 3 rooms right next door to each other-VERY nice. Bar in lobby-watched the World Cup game when Spain won in an earlier round-whole town celebrated. Walked everywhere except to the beach. Sea views from rooftop but it's the harbor so you need to bus or cab to the beaches. Beautiful church right next door to hotel, too. Very nice, touristy white hills town with good shopping, restaurants and hotels.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family