“La Casa del Perro - fantastico!”
Review of La casa del perro

La casa del perro
Ranked #181 of 2,241 Restaurants in Malaga
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 July 2013

We visited the lovely city of Malaga in May and were taken to this restaurant by friends who live in a nearby village. They described the tapas as works of art, and they were! Eight of us enjoyed the plates of mixed tapas, and they were taste sensations. The menus were in Spanish (of course) but the beautiful owner assisted us with our choices from the menu and everything was as she advised - very well presented tasty tapas. The service was excellent, the restaurant was full to capacity, the atmosphere very welcoming. The house wine was very enjoyable too. The menu of the day looked great and we will definitely return to this restaurant when next in Spain. Highly recommended and great value.

1  Thank Judy1403

Reviewed 4 May 2013

After 4 attempts to eat at Casa del Perro' I was happy I had arrived and it was open and a table free.

My husband and myself' arrived at 3pm for Menu del Dia and took the last table.

Service was good but due to who busy it was slower than most menu del dia, but to me this time was no problem as we weren't in a rush.

Standard of food was excellent and lovely to see such an inventive Menu.

Excellent housew ine too' and great value. Will return.

Reviewed 2 April 2013 via mobile

Having read the reviews of this restaurant and oters on the same street I had to try it. The menus (meat, fish and vegie) seemed interesting enough so we tried a number of their dishes. More thought seems to have gone into the menu design than dish execution as each one we tried was either bland or just plain weird.

The decor and staff are noce enough, but after all it's the food that your really should judge a restaurant on. Definitely lives up to its name...

Reviewed 20 February 2013

We went there as a result of the excellent reviews and weren't disappointed. Uniqe and tasty dishes and great service made the visit very worthwhile. The menus are in Spanish on blackboards but the friendly owner will bring an English menu to take the guess work out of it. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 10 February 2013

Was just wondering around and it was lunch time, heard a bit of music and I was so glad I that I went in. This place is the best. The menu is fantastic, the tastes so unique, just the best place I have eaten at in a long time. It is not a large place, so I am sure that on the weekends or evenings it would be hard to get a seat. Lunch time three courses and a beer, was €12. The food was amazing. Visit, just visit if you can find it, no make sure you find it!!