“Nice and well located”

Ranked #29 of 88 Hotels in Malaga
Holmestrand, Norway
“Nice and well located”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

We got a large, nice room and a lovely bathroom. We stayed on the 8th floor and had a large balcony with views over the city (towards the airport). The breakfast was delicious and rich, and the service during breakfast was good. The hotel location was right in the center of the city - approx. 100 meters from the harbor promenade or cathedral.

Room Tip: Room on the 8th floor has balcony.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Torhild115

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 21 February 2014

The Don Curro came warmly recommended. But we did not enjoy our stay for 3 nights in January. The room was very small, the double bed was the smallest one I have ever encountered and room's close proximity to the lift made it extremely noisy all the time. We did not find the staff remotely courteous, they simply ignored us.
Breakfast room very crowded and difficult to find a table.
It has a great location and maybe we should have complained about our room and asked for a better one.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Excellent place to stay if exploring or shopping in Malaga, its just off the main shopping area and near all major attractions. the rooms are clean and the hotel staff are very helpful and courtous. The hotel offers car parking by one of their staff and this is a great facility as so many car parks are on one way systems which make them difficult to access.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Youngy61
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I have just spent a lovely 4 days in this hotel, it's right in the midst of the main Malaga sights but manages to still be peaceful and welcoming. The reception and all the hotel staff are friendly, very helpful and extremely professional. I have no idea why one visitor said that "reception staff were unfriendly etc", I found them to be the exact opposite but without being gushing (which I would hate), I found them very helpful with e-mail request before my visit as well.. Perhaps people respond to how they are treated by guests, but that I can't comment on. My room request was for a high floor and mine was on the 8th, it had a big balcony and was warm and well equipped. The ready soaped sponge and toiletries were a nice touch and the powerful little hairdryer was a bonus. The room was clean with a comfy bed and very good pillows, I slept well which is unusual for me when away. Breakfast is served in a pleasant room or you can have room service. I found the food to be good with enough to fuel me for a days sightseeing. The street leads one way to the Cathedral and the other way to the main shops etc, it's only a 100yds or so to either area. I had several coffees and a beer in the bar next door to the hotel, a good way to people watch, the lady serving was helpful and chatty. I realise I'm gushing slightly myself but I really can't find anything wrong with this hotel and will certainly return, hopefully this year.

Room Tip: The higher rooms would probably get less street noise
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Zooropia123
Herts, UK
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We stayed at the Don Curro Hotel for 2 nights (15th & 16th Dec) and then again for one night on 4th Jan.
We had requested a high floor room with balcony and got a lovely room on the 5th floor at the front of the hotel for the first stay. We always request a twin room as we have a superking bed at home and don't want to have to sleep in a regular double (4'6"). We usually find that the twin beds are together and that was the case at Don Curro.
There is NO (cool) air conditioning in winter only in summer (but there is warm air if you want it) and it was warm in the room but we propped the balcony door open and everything was fine.
It was a tad noisy but nothing to prevent sleep however for the second stay we requested a quieter balcony room and got 611 overlooking the side street which was much better and the view over the Spanish rooftops was lovely.
The (included) breakfast was ok too....there was a huge bowl of satsumas, that looked like they had just been picked also ham, cheese, hard boiled eggs, bread....there was cooked food but we didn't fancy it....there was also Danish pastries, juices etc.
The staff were pleasant and extremely efficient but not overly friendly.
As already said the location is perfect for all needs, when we arrived, we got the train from the airport for Euro 1.70 each and walked from the station.....very doable.
We would definitely stay here again and recommend it for all travellers, we saw a number of families, seniors and many of these were Spanish so clearly a popular place.

Room Tip: A high room with balcony, the sun is at the front of the hotel in the afternoons which makes the roo...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank HippyChick55
Dalkeith, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Stayed over the Christmas period. Single room, well-equipped and comfortable. Really liked the 'extra' touches like the pre-soaped sponge, fresh every day, in the bathroom. Plenty of coat hangers and clothes space. We didn't eat in the hotel in the evenings, but the breakfasts were excellent. The hotel was very busy with a highly cosmopolitan clientele; all went smoothly.

Room Tip: Ask for an outward-lookiing room. My room looked into a horrid, narrow space with rusting girders...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Budens, Portugal
Reviewed 9 January 2014

My friend and I had a 2 night stay in this hotel which we picked due to 1) It's location and 2) It had parking. We could not fault this hotels location; it is fantastic for shopping, bars, restaurants, harbour actually everything. Friendly helpfull staff who could speak English which was a bonus as we had very little knowledge of Spanish. Upon arrival by car the concierge took my car off to the car park and returned it back to the front door on departure, you could not ask for a better service. Rooms are clean and of adequate size with comfy beds, a mini bar (which you pay for at reception) & a safe, shower pressure very good and water nice and hot. Heating in room was so efficient that we had to turn it down (visit was January, so heating was required). Breakfast (served between 7.30-11.30am) had something for everyone; fruit, fruit juice, cereals, toast, croissants, rolls, selection of cold meats and cheeses, bacon, small Frankfurt type sausages, eggs, yoghurt, coffee & tea. If you fault this selection then I do not know what you would expect. This was my second visit to Malaga (1st stay at Don Curro) and I will certainly pick this hotel for my next visit.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

2 Thank Deb229