“Simply fantastic”

Parador de Malaga Golf
Ranked #18 of 89 Hotels in Malaga
Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

Our stay here was a treat from our dad, who booked us all in for a golfing weekend. The parador itself is 10 mins max from the airport and is set around an amazing quality golf course. Checkin was smooth and our rooms were amazing nice and spacious with a decent sized balcony. One thing that is important for me with a hotel room are the beds and bedding and the power of the shower! Both of these were amazing! Bathroom was very spacious as well A+. We also had a fridge in the room that was handy.
The golf course itself is something else, long luscious green fairways with glass speed greens I enjoyed playing that much I wanted to play 36 holes each day!! My favourite hole is the challenging 6th a nice par 3 with high bunkers surrounding the green, take a strong 6 iron off the tee! Once the golfing way done for the day it was nice to relax on the terrace bar and have a few beers chatting about the round ( there is also a nice little bar at the 9th which is nice to have a quick canya before carrying onto the 10th) breakfast and evening meals were lovely. There is also a shopping complex 10 minute walk from the hotel where you can dine out in the many bars and tapas restaurant that are available. One thing I love about Spain is the tapas and the fact that everyone dines a lot later it has a nice ambience! There are also plenty of shops you can walk around, for us it was all about the golf tho and we really enjoyed it can't wait to return for the annual prosser golfing cup!

Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank bagpuss24
There are newer reviews for Parador de Malaga Golf

Reviewed 1 October 2013 via mobile

Great to play a course which has hosted the turespana masters with seve jose and miguel.great facilities at hotel.which is well situated.i recommend this venue as it is steeped in history and designed by the man who made other great courses

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank phill053
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Lovely rooms lovely pool.

excellent for golf.

Noisy during the day but planes dont start too early and do stop early evening. Fantastic service in the restaurant and cafe bar. Snacks excellent.

Gardens full of various birds , including parakeets. Beack is accessible to. On Sunday skies filled with the kites of kite surfers.

Breakfast on terrace excellent. Great value for money and very handy for the airport.

Excellent

Room Tip: ask for a room with pool view on the north side
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2013

I set out to write my review, but before doing so I looked at prior reviews and Inmigrante’s review December 26, 2012 is almost word for word what I would have written about he facilities and room (so I refer you to that for an objective and accurate review of this property). The young lady at reception on arrival could not have been better: very efficient, professional and helpful – a true joy. We stayed here because of an early morning flight the next day, and it turns out I had reserved the bed and breakfast rate, so I asked her to remove the breakfast. She explained that the rate I had was less expensive than the room rate alone because I had booked a special rate. But, she said, she would arrange for us to have a breakfast to go the next morning – and when I replied we were leaving at 5 AM, she replied no problem, it would be waiting for us. Needless to say, I wasn’t expecting much – well, at 5 AM the next morning we checked out and were given our to go breakfasts which consisted of freshly made ham sandwiches, fresh fruit, cheese, and an assortment of three breakfast rolls! All were fresh, tasty, and very convenient. The beach seems like a private beach, and was sparsely populated – the sand was free of litter and it was just gorgious. The golf atmosphere was not intrusive in the least – impossible to miss the golfers, but not problematic like some golf resorts in the USA. The pool is beautiful and well maintained. Dinner that night was solid, very well presented, and quite tasty. We were treated to a complimentary amuse boche of avocado gazpacho which was very good, and accompanied by a very nice fino sherry which was a very nice start to a great meal. The staff attention to detail was as good as a five star hotel. I will definitely plan on staying here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank RAM222
Reviewed 22 May 2013

We escaped England's cold spring for a long weekend of indulgence and sunshine here in early May and this super parador lived up to all of our expectations.

It is, as others have said, very close to the airport, but we see this as a huge plus as it makes transfer time very good indeed, and the planes cease at around 10pm and start up again around 7am. Suffice to say that in spite of this proximity they were not a problem for us.

We had a standard ground floor room, which was very well appointed with double doors out to a small balcony with two chairs and a table which overlooked the pool area ( the parador is a two storey structure with a courtyard layout with the pool in the centre of things). The bathroom was large, with two sinks and an excellent shower over the bath. Bed linen was changed every day and was of a very fine cotton that was beautifully ironed - and the towels were pretty large and fluffy too! The room was simple, but this in my view is no bad thing.

Breakfast was a feast of great quality - lots of fresh fruit and freshly made fruit juices ( as well as the standard superb spanish orange juice there was also watermelon juice and mango juice), and a great array of cold meats and freshly baked bread and pastries. We also ate dinner there too, which was very traditionally spanish with things like hake and paella on the menu. Tip: ask to see the Spanish version of the menu as well as the English one as some of the translations make quite bizarre reading ( You know for example that the dessert that is described as 'heavenly bacon' can't quite be that!!). Still, this aside, the food is good, the attention to the small details of service excellent. We particularly appreciated being given a small appetizer and a glass of chilled cava as soon as we sat down.

The pool had just been opened for the summer season when we arrived and it was a bit cold as it is unheated. Still, it is large and very tempting. The beach ( which is seconds from the property) is ok with a beach bar a short stroll away and some beds and umbrellas for rental there, though i believe that the parador also has its own beach beds and umbrellas set up there later in the season.

There was a lot of golf activity when we were there and it would appear that this hotel is golfer paradise - but I didn't participate in this so can't comment.

So overall, a highly recommended hotel, traditional and efficient.

Room Tip: Standard rooms are all the same i think and face inwards to the pool and garden areas. There are on...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gullgirl
Reviewed 17 May 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights in April for a golfing break. It was very convenient with good golfing facilities and reduced rates for those staying in the hotel. I left my phone charger in my room and contacted the hotel when I got home. They very kindly posted the charger to my home address and the staff couldn't have been more helpful. A good place to stay and I would thoroughly recommend it for a short break.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Hilary B
Reviewed 6 April 2013

We stayed at the Malaga Parador Golf for the week ended 2 April 2013. Ignoring the golf aspect (difficult), this is an excellent hotel, reception and other staff could not have been more helpful, buffet breakfast was superb and catered for all tastes, as were the bar snacks. We only had lunch in the hotel restaurant on day of arrival which was a "special" for holy week - very plentful and reasonably priced.

It's a great spot for plane photography, being close to the airport -

My only complaint relates to the daily grass cutting from 7am which seems completely over the top. Not being a golfer myself, some of the antics of the golfers were highly amusing to the point of being pathetic (the initial practice swing for instance!) but at the same time making good subjects for photos with a telephoto lens!

We found it annoying that non golfers were not allowed to walk on paths around the course.

When taking a taxi from the hotel, be aware that they come from the Plaza Mayor 2km away and will charge from there.

Room Tip: Ask for a room furthest away from flight path and early morning grass cutter!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family