Hotel Carlos V
US$162
US$150
US$135
Melia.com
All reviewsgreat locationpicasso museumcafe berlinold townbasic hotelroman theatreslap bang in the middlefree wifi in the roomcentrally located hotelsingle roompedestrian streetrooms are clean and comfortablethe busmalaga cathedralbrilliant hotelcleaning staffplenty of hot water
Reviewed 20 May 2012

Although this hotel only rates 2*, it makes up for it as it is in a quiet side street in the centre of the historic centre of Malaga. The room I stayed in was clean, with a bathroom & bath. There was no view as it looked on to walls but in a city centre, that is not important. The cost of the room was extremely reasonable and the staff spoke English and were most helpful. The only minus point was the fact that there was no facility for breakfast but immediately opposite are some decent cafes selling breakfast etc.

Room Tip: If you want a bath, ask for room 37
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2012

This hotel calls itself a hostal, and this is what it is. It is considered here to be cheap but considering what you get I would not necessarily agree. Rooms are very average and totally impersonal and charmless. It does not give you the feeling of a chain hotel though. Cleanliness of the room and bathroom was not convincing and our room was a bit smelly. The bedcover had not been changed for a long time, bedsheets were fresh though. Although situated in the old town our view going to a back court was all but nice. Staff was friendly and spoke English. No major complaints but nothing to praise either. One pro - private parking is provided at a good rate. Upon our return to Malaga we chose a different hotel of a slighlty better standard and at a lower rate. Would return though, unless I would find a better option in Malaga, which I did.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank oftravel
Reviewed 9 November 2011

Situated right next to the cathederal you can not find a better location for Malaga site seeing. A small basic hotel with few facilities although they do have secure car parking. Ideal for a short stay. Good friendly English speaking staff.

Room Tip: higher floors are les noisy
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank david s
Reviewed 11 August 2011

I stayed there for 10 days on my own . I found that the hotel was generally good with very polite and pleasant staff. However , one gentleman ( receptionist) did what could only be described as 'expose' him self to me whilst I was there. He was standing in front of me with his fly undone, wide open and had no underwear on . I appreciate it could have been a wardrobe malfunction but by winking at me after I felt very uncomfortable. very disappointing end to what has been great experience . Be care full travelling alone

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank Chrisibo
Reviewed 6 August 2011

Stayed at Carlos V for 6 nights while in Malaga.I was very happy as its in a great location just behind the Cathedral...quiet...good price...and near everything! The guys at reception are wonderful..they were very helpful in every way.The room was fine... with a large,clean bathroom.I found the room to be very good....a little paint job was needed in my room on the walls..but this really is not a problem unless you are terribly fussy about those things.Only thing I missed and suggested would be nice to see in future was a mini fridge in room..and perhaps a computer in a common area for clients to use..although there is Wi Fi in the rooms.They are fixing up a big room downstairs so they have all these things in mind.There is no breakfast room but there are plenty of places near buy to grab something to eat.
I will surely stay here again when in Malaga!I felt perfectly at home here and again the guys at reception are a big help in every way..So if you are looking for a safe,friendly,cosy, and good priced hotel in a great location..give Carlos V a try! I highly reccomend it!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo