“Novotel”

Ranked #72 of 89 Hotels in Malaga
A TripAdvisor Member
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 6 December 2011

Please remove the transfer from the airport in the information about hotel. Hotel is good. But there's no transfer from the airport. I wasted my time in the airport in searching for the bus. But inside the hotel everything was fine.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 9 November 2011

I selected this hotel for the last night of my trip to Andulusia as I had an early morning flight out and thought it best to be near the airport for ease and cost of taxis. I was wrong. Agree with others that the place is hard to find. I checked in and drove to the airport to return my rental car thinking it was cheaper to taxi the 3k than to keep the rental an additional day. I ended up spending over 45 Euro in taxi fares back to the hotel and then to the airport the next day. The hotel is in a seedy area and there is nowhere to go on foot for meals. The carpet in the hallways is absolutely disgusting. The view from my room included the freeway, a chainlink fence around a vacant lot with garbage and an old man urinating. I would have been better off staying in the city the last night. The taxi fare would have been the same and I could have enjoyed my last evening in Spain. Oh, and the AC was not working.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Highland, Maryland, USA
Reviewed 26 September 2011

The hotel is a little difficult to access when coming from the airport, but is visible from the road. One has to make a u-turn via the roundabout and make a sharp right turn into the hote -- a little tricky but not too bad. The hotel reception was extremely friendly and helpful. Restaurant help was a little less friendly and a little slow. The room was very good - clean, comfortable and welcoming. I would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2011

My friend and I stayed here recently for a 5 day trip to Malaga - the hotel states on it's website that it is just 2km from a beach and 2km from the city centre. It is also located very close to the airport. We arrived and took a taxi, it cost us 16 euro to travel around the corner. When queried in the hotel about the cost the receptionist told us that there was a fixed price from the airport. It took us 30 minutes to get into the city centre by bus - the distance was not walkable. It also took us another 15 minutes to walk to the beach from the city centre. The hotel room was very small and tea/coffee making was very poor, we got paper cups (both of us got scalded) and they were not renewed daily. When I asked for tea cups I was told by the not so friendly receptionist that I must come down to reception and collect them- the ones given were even smaller than the original ones. I would not recommend this hotel for anyone staying in malaga. Overall I loved malaga and will definitely travel again, it was very very cheap once you found your way around on public transport. Food was excellent and reasonable and the city itself was buzzing

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 August 2011

The principal problem we had with Novotel was locating it off the tangle of freeways after a long day of driving. We came in on the highway from Sevilla and it was impossible to either see it from the freeway or figure out how to get OFF that road. After wandering and asking a million people, we did arrive to find it adequate, if simple. Rooms are small but clean, good bed, bathtub, minibar, coffee maker. It was winter so we eschewed the pool.

Some have complained here about the food, but this hotel appears in the Michelin Guide for excellence in restaurants, and we had a fabulous supper cooked by a real chef and a good wine. It was a bit pricey but not out of line for Spain,. After the struggle to find the place, we certainly did not want to leave again to seek out a restaurant after dark

When we visited, they did have the airport shuttle service which is why we booked here in the first place. It has certain scheduled tiimes, however.
The expensive continental breakfast is just enough to survive till you get to the airport.
They really should include that breakfast in the price.

Room Tip: We had to take a fold-down couch for our third person in the room.
  • Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank mexdoc
Reviewed 22 August 2011

Having had a nice break in Marbella we had to stay one night in Malaga before leaving.
A que to register than we carried our bags to the room, while my wife was placing one bag in a wardrope a protruding nail caught her chest damaging a two peice dress and scratching her skin. We could not speak to the manger until the next day, next day we spoke to the assistant manger who ordered the immediate closure of the room and she said she will write a report asking us to send a bill of the damaged dress. from April up till today we had to bring the original reciept, they did not accept photocopy, after a while an original reciept was found, sending it cost six pounds. Than our bank detail all of it four months later they setteled for 29 pounds for part of the dress the inner piece ignoring that its a two pieces dress and all the trouble we have been through. The hotel is in the middle of no where, the nearest bus stop is about half a mile away, taxis cost a fortune specialy the one to the air port, its much cheaper to stay in town for the taxis fare to the air port are the same and at least you can have a nice meal in twon.We had good time in spain and this Hotel was a disappointment from more than one points.;its position, its Staff, and the way we had been treated after an accident which was caused by negligence, we are lucky that the physical damage was super facial.

Room Tip: room are small but clean however check the wall and wardrope for any dangerous material
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family