“Are you into Sushi?”
Review of The Sushi Bar

The Sushi Bar
Reserve with
The Sushi Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #281 of 2,011 Restaurants in Malaga
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Malaga, Spain
“Are you into Sushi?”
Reviewed 25 February 2013

While strolling along Plaza Uncibay in the historic city center one night, a somewhat new Sushi bar catches my eye... This Sushi bar, with a very colorful and "futuristic" interior may either trigger your curiosity or you might just pass it by due to your first impression, telling you; simply not my style... Having said that, me and my friend we decided to try it out. After having shared one of those bigger plates (to share), I must say that it was one of the better Sushi places I have ever visited. The menu is huge, with many varieties and great combinations to chose between. Fully in class with many international Sushi bars, we simply sum it up as a great place for Sushi. Nice music, good service and smiling and positive personnel. I guess it fits younger people perfectly, but even for people in my age, it gave me a great experience. I have checked out other Sushi bars as well in Malaga, but I must say that this stands out. Definitively worth to pay a visit and the prices are okay as well, especially for the bigger plates. I will be back for sure. Well done!!!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank PekkaNordmark1964

Malaga, Spain
“Good quality, but a too expensive.”
Reviewed 9 July 2012

We were at Sushi Bar for the first time and had a miso soup, a salad and the "trio menu". The food was really good, the soup and the salad delicious. On the sushi menu I expected a little bit more variety and suprise but overall it tasted great. The place itself is really modern, big and clean; the waitress was really friendly. The only big negative about the place is the price for the food. I think it's definitely too expensive (the menu for almost 53 Euros). I know that they have lunch specials that are attractive and probably worth to try out.

• Visited July 2012
Sydney, Australia
“Average Sushi, clean and good location.”
Reviewed 11 June 2012

I've visited The Sushi Bar in Malaga a few times in the last few weeks. It's located about 2 minutes walk from the Cathedral, and is in a fairly nice setting in a small plaza.
The restaurant is a very modern style, pink, white and very clean. There is open seating to enjoy the view and people watching.

The service was fairly attentive, and they have an excellent with many choices of Sushi, Sashimi and Tempura.

I went al la carte the first time, and took the set menu the second time. The prices are a little steep, probably along the same lines as the Yo Sushi brand.
The sushi was average to good, with a reasonable rice composition and small slithers of fish on the nigiri.

I enjoyed the food, and had a good experience in the restaurant. But the sushi rice could definately be better.

I've not tried the other sushi bars in Malaga yet, but this is definately the most prominent one.

The Sushi chefs appear to be asian, but I'm not sure if they are Japanese (but thats inconsequential anyway).

Conclusion; Average but expensive sushi atypical of European Sushi Bars.

• Visited June 2012