“Beautiful day in Malaga”

Villa Lorena Malaga
Ranked #5 of 148 Speciality Lodging in Malaga
Reviewed 15 April 2013

We enjoyed our 1 day in Malaga in Villa Lorena. The property was easy to find with GPS nav and the residential area is nice and quiet. The hosts are very friendly giving you all kind of information on the city, attractions, transport and restaurants. We walked to the city centre though it took us around 25-30 min. Rooms are modern and spotless, bathrooms are small but comfortable (shower only). Breakfast was very good and fresh served by the hosts themselves. I would recomend this property to anyone coming to Malaga.

Room Tip: Do not book a room on the ground floor, you will hear every sound from the corridor
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Valeria T

Reviewed 25 January 2013

We felt like home immediately; every effort has been made to have a wonderful time. Very clean, good breakfast, all necessary facilities (even free bikes included), very nice people. Located in a quiet villa suburb, but yet close to the beach and Malaga center. (Also very nice city; beautiful, lot of culture, but also very luxuous)

• Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank jose v
Reviewed 6 October 2012

We stayed here early October and highly recommend it. From arrival Frens and Jeroen were very friendly. Rooms are nicely decorated and kept. Ensuite is nice too (sadly no room for a bath). Most have a balcony. TV/DVD/CD, hair dryer, kettle and tea/coffee. Lots of storage space and a safe box. The pool is small ( and cold) but great for a quick cool down. There is a lift. Also a small gym with running machine, bike and cross trainer. You can use the free bikes to travel into Malaga city ( about 10 minute cycle, or walk along the beach front (25 minutes) or there is an excellent bus service into town from the bottom of the road (€1.20). Opt for breakfast, you won't be disappointed its a lovely relaxed start to the day. Aircon is effective too. I cannot rate this highly enough for a small hotel. Go on - book it.

Room Tip: We stayed in Sophia Loren room. Had a balcony overlooking the road - but in the sun all day
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Heartinherts
Reviewed 1 October 2012

As part of our road trip through Andalucia we spent two days in Villa Lorena. Looking back, both me and my partner agree this was by far the best hotel we stayed at.

Frens and Jeroen received us in a personal but professional manner. The villa is quite something and impresses you from the beginning. This, together with the very high level of comfort, eye for detail and excellent service made our stay perfect. Even though the villa is located just outside the centre of Malaga, this is not a problem. The fact that bikes are available for free more than compensates for this, making the trip to the centre a 10 minutes bicycle ride along the beach.

My partner and I would highly recommend Villa Lorena. Personally I have stayed in a great deal of hotels but none matched this in price / quality ratio.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank vanMoorsel
Reviewed 7 August 2012

I used to live in Malaga and love the city, I try to come back everytime I can. I discovered this new hotel recently and I really like it. It is a wonderful house with garden and swimming pool and it has few rooms, so you feel like at home. It is close to the center and the beach (they offer free bikes) but it is not located in the touristic area, so your neighbours are local people and it makes your stay very authentic.

Good choice for Malaga and at a very fair price.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank MonicaMM
Reviewed 5 August 2012

I've been in this hotel in july. It is open since may. The hotel is in a very beautiful house in a nice neighbourhood. You can walk to the beach and the harbour. They also has bikes you can use.There is a nice little swimmingpool. Rooms are nice. The hosts were very very friendly!

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank Ilona008
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Villa Lorena is absoutely stunning, the decor is very modern & stylish & has a lovely little private garden & pool tucked away in a quiet part of town. The Villa itself is a 5 minute walk from the beach & a 20 minute (me)/15 minute (My boyfriend) walk to the centre/harbour, which was perfect as I enjoy a little walk on holiday, especially along a beautiful beach, which takes you right intot the town centre.
All the rooms have air conditioning & a cute little balcony with a table & 2 chairs, the bathroom was very also very modern, stylish & super clean. We were lucky when we stayed as no other guests were booked in until the Friday (We went Monday to Friday) so we pretty much had the villa to ourselves so felt like we had hired our own villa. The breakfast served on the terrace was delicious with scrambled eggs, ham, cheese, fresh bread, fruit yoghurt & granola with fresh coffee, tea & orange juice etc. It was even more delicious for us as we had Champagne to celebrate my boyfriend's birthday in style, which Frens & Jergen arranged for me as I facebooked him in advance to help me sort out. Very quiet at night, an amazing tapas place around the corner, very cheap. The Villa has bikes that you can use & we cycled a mile or so down the beach to the next town one morning & had breakfast, which was lovely & obviously before the sun got too hot. The Villa also has a fridge in the foyer/hallway full of water, beer, wine & snacks etc, which you can help yourself to, thisi is also replenished frequently, you just keep a list then pay at check-out. I can't recommend this place enough, Frens & Jergen were so friendly & accomodating, it was like staying with friends. I will definitely be returning to Villa Lorena!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple