“Family friendly modern restaurant”
Review of Restaurante De Sal

Restaurante De Sal
Ranked #1,294 of 2,209 Restaurants in Malaga
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 7 January 2013

Went here twice with my family, and the impression was very good regarding both service and food. We ordered both tapas and main dishes, and everyhing was very tasty, delicately presented and reasonably priced, considering the more "modern" take on spanish food. The beer was also remarkably fresh and perfectly chilled to my taste. Recommended!

Reviewed 5 January 2013

We went there after a strolling in the city center for some tapas and a drink, the drinks were pretentious and non sense, my sangria was a glass of small pieces of ice with a bad tasting wine that has nothing to do with sangria and was totally out of time for winter, the mini octopus skewers were old and tasted bad. Prices are ridicoulosly expensive.

Reviewed 10 December 2012

We had a very enjoyable dinner here. The food was very good and the service was of a high standard. Cost was very reasonaqble

Reviewed 5 December 2012

I would like to start off saying that, my wife and I have a business in Malaga that serves as a "concierge" service to a good amount of guests coming to enjoy the city on vacation....
After some bad feedback from various guests, we decided to try out De Sal for ourselves.

This experience was not good from the moment we walked in.

**Before going into this I want to say that we are not very demanding people, we are very relaxed, go with the flow type of guests and we really want to relax when we go out to dinner.

While De Sal tries to be high end and service oriented their service fails at just that, service.

We showed up to dinner at 21:30, the place was empty but even with the restaurant being empty, the bathrooms were absolutely disgusting. Pee and toilet paper everywhere...4 people working there, all on their phone.

**As most of the negative feedback here will tell you: DO NOT ORDER ANY SPECIALS OR
ANYTHING OFF THE MENU!!!

After the waiter had suggested the same thing over and over again, I figured that they had to be great and ordered a small portion for 2 because we already had some tapas coming along with some main dishes later.
After some 25mnts, we got 2 large plates of seafood, I was kind of shocked and called the waiter and told him that this ¨tasting plate´ seemed a bit over the top...and he of course agreed and took one of the plates back. Later we found out that this little tasting plate was 35€..it was a good thing we sent the second one back!

Our starters are no where to be seen, but still our mains get to the table and the waiter is acting like there´s nothing wrong and i ask him what happened with the appetizers and he says that it was the kitchen´s fault.
I understand that mistakes happen, but 1. we are the only table in the restaurant! 2.If there´s such a mistake usually you would apologize and explain what is going on...
For the mains:
The rice dish was OK, the fish dish (merluza) came with 3 sad little pieces of vegetable and looked really small on the plate.
I was surprised that the table was never set for the next course, we served the wine ourselves and after all this, after all the wait time, we were being rushed to finish..such a dissapointment.
Definitely one of the places we will not be sending people to and would recommend other tourists and visitors not to go to this place as it does not represent the people, culture and food of the region.

I just seriously can´t understand how a place that just opened is already on it´s way down.
Most of the restaurants we recommend, care about their guests and are more concerned with their reputation than about fooling their guests that pay good money to give them a chance.

Reviewed 22 November 2012

Very modern style a bit different from the traditional spanish restaurant.Great Tapas, friendly staff and good location.