“Good food and service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Reserva del Olivo

La Reserva del Olivo
Ranked #243 of 1,954 Restaurants in Malaga
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London
“Good food and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

This restaurant is placed right in the centre of Malaga and has the look of rather a posh place as you walk by - waiters in white jackets, linen table cloths etc. There are a number of very good tapas bars nearby so there is a lot of competition. But many of the customers are locals and there are many reserved tables, and that says a lot. I ate there twice and was impressed - good service and tasty food. Try the habitas (small beans with ham) as a starter and have fish after that - the merluza a la plancha is wonderful (grilled hake). It's a good place to watch the world go by, but obviously on the expensive side for a city with so many good places to eat. As a treat or a place for a special occasion, I would recommend it as I had absolutely no complaints. A meal for one with a couple of glasses of wine (without dessert) came to 48 euros.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

• Finnish first
  • Turkish first
“Wow how bad!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

We can't agree more with the others bad reviews. Unfortunately it is all true.The food as well as the service is just under the average. The menu wouldn't say what is in the dish and when I asked what is in the salat she wasn't able to name all the ingredients,so when I got my dish it was with raw onion,which I don't eat. None of the dishes were properly seasoned. We also had different dishes and the waiter didn't ask when she should bring them, so now my friend is eating main course alone. The other waiter wasnt also able to name the fish my friend ordered. Wine was recommended by the so called sommelier and it wasn't good at all. For the whole week we had better wines than that, even when the food wasn't the best.
General overpriced and not good at all.

2 Thank Rose C
Helsinki, Finland
“Overpriced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

We ended up dining here because we heard other travellers praises. The setting is good and our two kids were noticed nicely. Based on the formal service and white linen on the tables we expected a bit more than we got. The food is average - definitely not the best nor the worst we had during our trip. But, the check was one of the highest, too much for average steak. A decent meal but next time would go somewhere else.

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Great fish”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

This restaurant is more up market than the majority in Malaga and is reflected in the price. The maitre de is very charming and looks after you well. We went with his recommendation of the sea bass baked in salt - wonderful.

Definitely one for a special occasion. Always seemed to be full and booking essential

• Visited May 2014
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Good food, very good service!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

I ate here alone during a 3 day trip to Malaga (10 days total in Spain) and was not disappointed. I was tired of tapas and anything deep fried, so was specifically looking for something fresh. I chose the grilled sole, which came with sautéed potatoes and vegetables, and was not disappointed. The accompanying white wine was also delicious, lovely and cold :) Many people have mentioned David from Monaghan and I should do the same - very nice guy, very helpful with making me comfortable and also recommending some dishes on the menu. I would recommend this place!