“It just gets better!!”

Meson Mariano
Ranked #70 of 2,547 Restaurants in Malaga
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Especialistas en cocina tradicional malaguena
Reviewed 12 November 2017

I was recently in Malaga and again visited Meson Mariano's. I actually don't think that i can add anymore about the restaurant that hasn't already been said.
I visited with my good friend Patrick and his father and were met by a very busy restaurant. We visited on a Thursday afternoon and although Malaga was quiet, Mariano's wasnt. From the minute we walked it you had the wonderful sounds of a busy restaurant and people enjoying themselves. The smells are of good quality cooked food that are unrivaled in Malaga. We had a few drinks and then decided to have a few dishes whilst sitting at the bar. we ordered the goat which was simply irresistible and is a speciality in the restaurant. The best thing about this restaurant is not just the food it is the staff. From Mariano who is behind the bar to the excellent staff that make the whole experience a real treat.
If you visit Malaga then please take my recommendation and make this a must. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 25 October 2017

I've headed back to Malaga for mainly two things. One is the utterly hypnotic Museo Revello de Toro (see my other listing) and the other is for Meson Mariano. Well, you've gotta eat so why not have the most authentic and the best? I'm never disappointed here. None of the waiters here speak a word of English nor me Spanish so I just point. In fact, none of the other customers speak English either which is a really good sign. This time I've got Anchovies of Cantabrico and lamb's lymph glands (mollejas de ciordero) with a few potatas fritas. Don't be put off by the liberal use of offal, it's completely delicious, delicate and beautiful so don't be shy. The goat looks damn tasty as well. Sorry, I can't carry one typing because I'm enjoying my meal too much.....Yum.

Reviewed 14 October 2017

We have been to Malaga several times and found some bars/restaurants that became our favourite but our minds quickly changed when we stumbled upon Meson Mariano. For some unknown reasons or maybe because we think we found the best restaurant so we didn't pay much attention to this place until we decided to find some places to eat for a change on our last day and voila...we saw this place. It was still closed when we walked past but their menu especially the "Chivo" had caught my eyes. We decided to return when it opened for lunch. We were the first customers actually and our waiting since we waited for 2 hours to try this place was not in vain. The food was excellent. The staff and the owner Mariano were very friendly and accommodating despite our very limited Espanol! We igorned Malaguena Salad from other places but looking at it we had a try and oh boy... it was delicious and very light. Never thought that the combination of salted cod and orange work perfectly well. We had Chivo, their specialty artichokes which just melted in our mouth and some other stuff. We enjoyed it so much that we spend around 3 hours eating at the bar. The choice of wine was also very good, of course they had our favourite Ribera del Duero (Portia and Protos). We will be coming back and this is indeed our favourite restaurant. It is not pretentious and it just heaving with locals which says a lot!

Reviewed 8 October 2017

We found this place after a very disappointing meal in a nearby restaurant. We (five men) walked in and asked if it was okay to have just drinks. We were welcomed in and sat at a nice table in a good spot. The staff were very knowledgeable and eager to help us choose wines that would suit all our tastes. They didn’t specifically point out the expensive wines – just ones that they thought would hit the spot – and they did! A very enjoyable, if not specifically memorable ;o), evening.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Our waiter told me that Goat is their specialty, so I tried the “chuletitas”. Delicious! The fried green tomatoes were served with a melted, light cheese, and a garnish of capers, onions, etc. Also delicious!