“Very Nice Location In Malaga”

Hotel MS Maestranza
Ranked #16 of 89 Hotels in Malaga
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Just got back from one night in Malaga. The hotel is in a great location, close to the beach but also a 15 minute walk to the Cathedral. As luck would have it, we were there on Easter Sunday, so we were able to see the processions. We also had a room with a view of the bullring and were able to watch the bullfights from the balcony.

We paid 108 EUR for a roomy junior suite. The room and bathroom were modern. We found it to be a great value. They even valet parked our car for us! I'd definitely recommend this hotel if you are looking to be close to the beach and the tourist area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the bullring on a high floor.
Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank JLF923
There are newer reviews for Hotel MS Maestranza

Reviewed 11 March 2012

excellent location ,staff very helpful ,central to everything ,it dosent have tea making but we had a element and could go next door for fresh crossaints for breakfast every morning we stayed a week in feburary the weather was good and able to walk to the sights every day felt very safe in malaga would recommend this hotel and hopefull go back next year
miriam and danny
kerry

Room Tip: my husband and i stayed in rm 1206 with fantastic views of the harbour and city walls it was well wo...
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Visited this hotel in mid Feb for my sister's 50th Birthday celebration. First impressions were good as the reception staff were very friendly and very efficient. Rooms were spacious and clean. Bathrooms also. We had rooms with a balcony overlooking the bullring. The location of the hotel is perfect. It is right beside the port with its many restaurants and it is only a 10 minute walk from the centre of Malaga through the park to the old town. I think some of the taxi drivers thought we were mad looking for a taxi to take us just around the corner but they eventually humoured us and earned money for driving round a very short block!!!! My sister's birthday fell on the Saturday. Her friends had arranged for a "special Breakfast" The staff had put up the balloons and banners we had brought as well as the special place mats and 50 and Happy Birthday confetti for the table. We had Champagne and orange juice! After we fininshed the savoury breakfast the staff brought out a Birthday Cake they had baked and sang Happy Birthday! This had not been requested or organised by myself or her friends. It was totally out of the blue and made the day!!! I never got a chance to thank the staff. I know her friends did but it totally exemplified the quality of the service the hotel provided. We stayed at the hotel for 3 nights and not eaten any meals there but the staff went out of their way to make my sister's birthday a special occasion.! That is what I call service.! I would highly recommend the this hotel purely on staff service alone.But everything else was wonderful too.

Room Tip: Room overlooking the bullring, Especially if you are a smoker.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 March 2012

My girlfriend and I went to Malaga for our one year anniversaray and we stayed at this hotel. From the moment we went in we were happy with the very helpful staff at reception. The first night we arrived it was raining and we didn't know where to go and the staff member kindly pointed us to some very nice restaurants. This made me feel comfortable about going to reception for any other questions we had. We went to them numerous of times and each time they were very helpful showing us on maps locations we could go to meet our requirements.

The rooms have a balcony they are very clean. There was a little dirt in the bath when we arrived but it was not something we were going to kick up fuss over.

Location wise the hotel is perfect. It's right beside the port which boasts some amazing yachts and really nice restaurants overlooking the sea in which we enjoyed breakfast every morning we were there. It's only a ten minute beautiful walk to the centre of Malaga.

The Gibralfaro Malaga castle is very close and is a must go to see. Long steep walk up but was one of the highlights of the weekend.

One note I'd say is that it's probably not a very suitable hotel for family. I would not say that the rooms are big enough for more than two people, at least our one wasn't. If I had young children I'd be staying somewhere else buit it's perfect for business, friends, solo and couples.

Room Tip: You can hear traffic outside at night so if you're a light sleep it is probably best to request...
1  Thank RobertScully
Reviewed 23 February 2012

My wife and I had a three night break at this hotel,we found the location ideal for both the city, beach and marina.The hotel was modern and clean and the staff friendly and helpful. I took the advice given on here and booked a room overlooking the bull ring and we were not dissapointed.If returning to Malaga we would definately book again.

Room Tip: Rooms on 10th floor or above facing the Bull Ring
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Tyke62
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Stayed here for a week in September last year. Staff very friendly and rooms modern and clean. Taking our cue from Trip Advisor we requested a room overlooking the Bull Ring and were not disappointed. The location was fabulous and we really enjoyed the walk through the park to the old town. We loved the old town with its marble pavements, lively tapas bars and interesting , well- designed museums. Malaga was a revelation easily as good a destination as the more famous Barcelona.

Room Tip: Remember to ask for a room on a high floor overlooking the Bull Ring.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gillian K
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Enjoyed our stay on 10 th floor in february with views of the bullring ,fortress and the ocean. Whilst it is a 10 min walk from the old city it is a convenient location. We ate breakfast at the bakery next door. The bar in the hotel is excellent yet you could miss it as it is hidden away. From the airport bus A was so simple to get from outside the baggage terminal and it drops you at the roundabout 50 meters from the hotel make sure you stay on the bus until the last stop, don't get out at the bus terminal . The other buses have been easy to get around on for 1.20 euros. Bus 35 at the back of the bull ring takes you up the top of Gibralfaro if you don't want to do the steep walk.
Unfortunately we were not able to use the rooftop spa especially after all the walking that we had done.

Room Tip: At the back higher up.
1  Thank aussiewendy