Hotel Molina Lario
US$120
US$111
Trip.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Zenit Malaga(Malaga)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$96
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
US$55
Ibis Malaga Centro Ciudad(Malaga)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$71
ibis
US$172
US$162
2,031 results
All reviewsrooftop pooldeluxe roomold townperfect locationlovely hotelsmall poolpicasso museumtapasan upgradechurrosbars and restaurantsmalaga cathedralreception staffcity breakside streetairport bushotel restaurant
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I have just come back from a 4 day stay at Molina Lario and had a great time. Overall this is a very good hotel in a great location which cannot be beaten. I was in deluxe room 610. It was a lovely room with a massive bed, sofa, tv etc. It was on the 6th floor (which is basically the roof of the old building) so had the skylight windows that other rooms on the 6th floor have. However it also had french windows onto a small balcony overlooking the cathedral which was wonderful. I would not recommend the 6th floor for any of the other rooms though as they would not have full windows.
The bathroom was huge, the size of another bedroom in itself, and had a separate bath and shower and all amenities you could require.
The staff were good throughout the stay and the hotel was very clean. However they did not go out of their way to offer me any extra information e.g. did not explain how I could purchase breakfast (this was not included in my stay) or about any trips etc and there was limited information and leaflets in the lobby.
The wifi was excellent - I don't know if the problems had been fixed or if it is better on higher floors but I was able to stream UK radio on my phone when I was in the room without it cutting out once.
Some minor negatives
- the pool on the 8th floor was tiny and the other seating area on the 7th floor was closed so there were only a few additional spaces. By afternoon everyone was crammed in like sardines and you literally had to walk over people's bodies to move around the area. It was also no good at all for kids as there was no room to play without disturbing everyone else.
- you had to hand your key in at reception every time you went out. This was fine but on several occasions when I came back there was only one person on reception who was already busy with other people so I often had to wait just to get my key back so I could go to my room.
- I did not use the minibar but did want to store my water in there. However it was only luke warm and the water was cooler just kept in the room. I would not have been happy drinking anything out of there.
- The hot water in the sink took a good 5 min of running the tap before it became hot. This seemed better in the shower and bath.
- It was very noisy. I did not mind some noise from the street as you expect that in a city hotel and it was not too loud on the 6th floor. However most nights there seemed to be a disco on at the pool bar above my head which meant very loud disco music playing until 1am

Overall I would definitely recommend this hotel and was very pleased with my choice. If they improve the minor negatives it would be 5 stars

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank pik66
Reviewed 14 August 2014

High quality hotel. Lovely rooms with a small balcony facing the street (deluxe room). The bed is somewhat hard, and they still have a DVD player in the room (just get rid of it...). Cool terrace with a small swimming pool at the roof top, excellent place to relax after a day in the city. Breakfast was OK and the staff friendly. Value for money, the location is perfect.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2014

So-so experience. Nice people. Views from rooftop (tiny) pool. Modern central clean hotel. But rooms can be noisy (streets & other guests). Parking difficult. Average overall but there doesn't seem much hotel choice in Malaga.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gary F
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Will be back
We had a great weekend at the Molina Lario, and loved all but one aspect of our stay. We had a deluxe room – 118, which is in the older section of the hotel, and has shallow balconies, overlooking a narrow side street and the restaurant opposite (with accordion player in the evenings). Lovely spacious room, with really high ceilings – and lots of soft seating to throw yourself on after all the sight-seeing. We did rearrange the sofas so we could watch TV comfortably (sad I know), but of course put it back to the way we found it! The TV volume is limited, so you can’t disrupt your neighbours and vice versa, but it does impact on when you are watching a low volume DVD. Internet access was very slow for me – maybe my laptop? Nice touches were the complimentary water on the day of arrival and the free sherry left in the room for the whole stay. I also loved that they provide mugs with the tea and coffee supplies (instead of tiny cups). Mattress may be too hard for some people, but good for us. The Decent sized bathroom with so many toiletries and it was great to have a real hairdryer.

My one compliant was with the food and service at the pool side bar. We guessed the girl serving there was an unhappy soul on our first visit - we happily cleared a table, taking the glasses to the bar and she looked upset at having to put them in the kitchen! Then on my birthday, after a slight wait she begrudgingly gave my husband a soft drink and slopped cava in a glass so that it frothed over and settled half full – she didn’t top it up, just looked at me stoney faced. We ordered some snack food - humus and pitta bread, avocado dip and tortilla chips, and a margarita pitta – all awful. The humus and avocado dip had the consistency of cheap mayonnaise and were very strange colours, the pitta hadn’t been toasted and was horribly stale. About 30 minutes after receiving these items I went to ask where was the pizza, more attitude from the girl, huffing and puffing. It turned up 5 minutes later, she had obviously only put it in the oven when I asked as it was only half cooked when it arrived – it was the cheapest, nastiest pizza I’ve seen since the 1980s..So we left and went elsewhere to try and improve the day.

But the reception staff were very welcoming, and it was great that our room was ready when we arrived early – we weren’t expecting it to be. No one mentioned what the set up was for breakfast was and as my husband needs a pint of Costa latte every morning, we didn’t ask. On their café menu it showed prices for different types of breakfast which seemed very good value – eg ‘express’ for about 5 euros. There was a buffet set up each morning, but I don’t know how much that cost. We had afternoon / evening coffee and cakes in the café and the staff in there were also great (as were the coffee and cakes!) All in all we had a lovely weekend, Malaga is such a nice city and when we return we would stay at the Molina Lario.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We went there for my daughters 18th birthday and weren't disappointed. The hotel is in a great location to the shops, bars, restaurants, and beach. It has a great sun roof if you want to sunbathe and a small pool to cool off. There is also a seated area downstairs that has some shaded areas. Hotel staff were very helpful and friendly. It was also lovely and clean. Would definitely recommend staying there.

Room Tip: I can't complain about any of the rooms. We were in 202 and it was a lovely room, very quiet. We had to move because of the air condition not working and were upgraded to 607 which had a balcony the sun never really got there so not good if your thinking on sunbathing. Again it was a lovely room onto the street but not noisy.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family