Mariposa Hotel
US$102
US$92
  • Breakfast included
1,042 results
All reviewsroom mate lolaexecutive roomquiet streetuntil noonold towncity centreyogurtmini bartrain stationminute walkpowerful showermodern hotelbreakfast buffetmain shoppingunderground parkingflat screen tvdecent size
Reviewed 28 July 2010

We booked a long weekend in Malaga as my last 'get away' before our next baby arrived. We stayed in a suite, which was very clean, modern and spacious. The staff were super friendly and the air con worked perfectly! Breakfast was easy and good, fresh food. The hotel is very centrally located so it is no hassle to go out for dinner or see any of the main sights. Our weekend didn't quite go to plan though and I cannot praise the staff enough for all of their help and flexibility. I ended up in Malaga's maternity hospital and they did all they could to help us - extended our room booking, booked taxis, accommodated my mother in law, made food for me at 1am when I was allowed out of the hospital, helped us rebook flights home etc. We have stayed in many 'top end' 5 star hotels and I am not sure we would have had the same level of support from them as we got from the staff in Lola. I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to others.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2010

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights.The hotel is 5 minutes from the train station central Alameda, come out of station cross over the road by the traffic lights, then across the old river which is now a grassed area, down a few steps the BBK bank is on your right, turn right at the corner and then cross the road towards the Halifax Bank. The Hotel is down the road with the Halifax on your right. The Hotel is a modern building on this road about 150 yards on the right, however the Hotel is not signed very well and you need to be on top of it to see it.
Although the receptionists were very pleasant, they didn't seem to know much about the area. The buffet breakfast was adequate but not very varied and outside of the rooms the corridors and public areas had no air conditioning and were very hot and there was no bar.
All of this sounds as if we did not enjoy our stay, which is not correct, the rooms were superb, air conditioned and well furnished and the position near Alameda Principal was excellent.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2010

We spent two nights here at the end of June.
I originally thought this hotel was exceptional value. When I computed the cost of parking and breakfast, it was just ok.

The best thing about the hotel is that the rooms feel new. Everything was clean, good amenities, bathroom, space, etc.

My two primary downsides are -
The doors to the room slam shut. In the morning I heard a steady stream of noise coming from outside into the room. Seemed to start around 7:30am. So the whole wakening up process for me was spoiled.

There are receptionists at the hotel, but zero service. The people were of no help whatsoever. One could get the impression that they are indifferent to the experience of the guest.

My sum total is that the place is not great, certainly not terrible. But I'll try another place on my next visit.

Reviewed 5 July 2010

The people at the reception was kind, The local and the room was nice. The air-conditioning doesn`t work and they did nothing.

Reviewed 1 July 2010

I honestly do not understand why this hotel has a 4 star rating. There is no room service at all and there is no pool. Rooms are small and very noisy.

One of 2 chairs in the room was broken. Reported it, was not repaired nor replaced during our stay.

Rooms are 50's style but appear very cheap.

Breakfast buffet is very limited but it is only 6 euro's per person.

Wifi internet is limited to the reception area and it is slow as hell.

Would not stay here again.

For a fantastic meal please visit: Meson Mariano (Calle Granados 9).