I stayed here for one night and for the price it is excellent. The old town of Malaga is just across the bridge and it is possible to walk to most things, including the beaches the historic sites and the shops. Transport is close by as well as the train to the airport.
The bed was a bit of a let down as it was a typical Spanish bed which is just a mattress on a metal frame. This makes for a relatively hard bed and for me the mattress wasn’t thick enough. The room was very basic and there is nowhere comfortable to sit.
Because of its location and the price, the hotel is always very busy. When I got to my room it had a double bed and a bed that fold out of the wall. As I was on my own, I asked that the other bed be put away as it becomes a sort of work surface. It was when the bed was folded away that it became obvious that it hadn’t been folded away for sometime as the carpet underneath was a lot cleaner then the rest of the carpet and showed just how dirty most of the carpet in the room was.
The hotel has a car park underneath the hotel. It wasn’t that easy to find the entrance and I ended up having to go around and around several times to find it. If you are going to stay there it would probably be better not to have a car.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the centre of Malaga, easily accessible from the airport, the Ibis Ciudad de Malaga hotel is close to the principal tourist sites of southern Spain. The city centre and its numerous museums are nearby via the pedestrian streets of the capital of the Costa Del Sol. 189 airconditioned smoking or non smoking rooms are available for booking, with WiFi Internet access. The hotel features a bar and undercover parking. Pets accepted. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Ibis Malaga Centro Ciudad reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Malaga Centro Ciudad Hotel Malaga
- Ibis Hotel málaga
- Accor Malaga Centro Ciudad
- Ibis Malaga Centro Ciudad Costa Del Sol, Spain