There is a lot to like about El Riad Andaluz - the charming decor, the friendly owner, and the adorable resident dog are three of them. The hotel has a central courtyard with free tea and coffee, really nice in good weather and lovely to spend an hour. Each room is individually decorated and named. The owner we met was also extremely friendly and gave us a map and suggestions for what to do and see in Malaga while we were there. She also very kindly moved us to a double room when she saw that we were a married couple who wasn't that keen on twin beds! It's also well located for Malaga's best attractions as it's in the historic centre of the city.
Unfortunately, neither of the rooms we saw had an external window, which meant they were very dark even in the middle of the day. The room also didn't have a proper light, so it stayed dark most of the time. In addition, the bathroom isn't actually a separate room; there is a transparent curtain blocking it off. You need to be very comfortable with the person you're staying with or things could get embarrassing quickly!
Overall we had a lovely stay, but it's worth bearing in mind those two disadvantages when choosing a hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to our traditional Andalusian hotel, in the heart of Malaga's historical centre. Located in a small quiet street next to the Cervantes theatre, close to Plaza de la Merced and to the house where Picasso was born, El Riad Andaluz is a unique place in Malaga. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your El Riad Andaluz reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Riad Andaluz Hotel Malaga
- El Riad Andaluz Malaga, Costa Del Sol, Spain