We stayed here for a couple of nights before moving on to Seville. The hotel is perfectly located for the independent traveler as it is right on the main train station, just 8 minutes from the airport and with high speed links to the rest of Spain.
The room was spacious and extremely comfortable with a huge bed, armchair, writing desk etc. Tea & coffee making facilities would have been nice but you can't have everything. The air con worked perfectly well and we were able to set it to a comfortable temperature. The automatic window shade was very effective and almost totally blocked out external daylight when required. The room was also perfectly soundproofed - we heard no trains or traffic at all during our stay.
The decor was quirky, presumably inspired by Picasso. We didn't use the restaurant or bar during our stay: why would you when you can get perfectly good food & drink for a quarter of the price in one of the many bars/restaurants within a minute's walk?
The only real downside is that it's a 20 minute walk to the historic centre of Malaga. The best way to get around this is to take the open top bus which stops right in front of the hotel - it stops at all the major points of interest and your ticket is valid for 24 hours. Even so, if I was staying for any length of time in Malaga I would probably opt to stay somewhere nearer the centre. However, for a short stay involving onward travel I would definitely stay here again as you can't beat it for convenience and comfort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Barceló Malaga hotel located next to the city railway station, just 10 minutes from the city center and the coastline is one of the few Spanish hotels recognized by the prestigious British Magazine Wallpaper as one of the 50 best business hotels in the world. It hosts the most amazing lobby of our country with its particular six meters high stainless steel slide connecting the first floor directly with its B-Lounge. Its 221 modern and comfortable rooms ensure a pleasant break, while the 1,500 m2 Convention Center seduces sectors committed to design to ensure the success of their events and meetings. In addition, the outstanding cuisine of the restaurant 'El Anden' awarded with the José Meliá Finisterra award for the best hotel restaurant in Malaga, makes meals a real gourmet experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Barcelo, Odigeo, Expedia, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Barcelo Malaga reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Malaga Hotel Malaga
- Barcelo Hotel Malaga
- Barcelo Hotel málaga
- Barcelo Malaga Costa Del Sol, Spain