Overall the hotel is perfectly located at the train station if you plan on visiting the other major cities in Andalucia. It's easy to get to by train to/from the airport as well as to/from other cities by train and convenient if you rent a car and drive to other cities. It's also located relatively close to the main touristy areas in Malaga - an easy 10-15 minutes walk to the main street, Calle Larios.
The hotel itself is pretty modern and nice. The breakfast buffet is a pretty good deal considering what you can get - an unlimited amount of iberico ham which make it all worth it. the other stuff is pretty tasty too.
The room is on the smaller side, but has enough room to fit a king-size bed, a comfy recliner and a bench for luggage. there's also a desk and chair.
The bed was very comfy but i do have to say the pillows were not so great. there were two types - large square pillows which i noticed were common in other hotels we stayed in at spain. not sure if they are meant to be functional or are simply for decoration - either way, they aren't so comfortable to sleep on. the other pillows were the length of king size pillows but were half the width, so your head/neck didn't both fit straight on.
All in all, it was a pretty nice stay. The room was clean, quiet and had no visible issues. It was always on the warm side though - i think because of all the lights. We left the window open and it helped regulate the temp a bit but the room still stayed mostly too warm.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Barceló Malaga hotel located next to the city railway station, just 10 minutes from the city center and the coastline is one of the few Spanish hotels recognized by the prestigious British Magazine Wallpaper as one of the 50 best business hotels in the world. It hosts the most amazing lobby of our country with its particular six meters high stainless steel slide connecting the first floor directly with its B-Lounge. Its 221 modern and comfortable rooms ensure a pleasant break, while the 1,500 m2 Convention Center seduces sectors committed to design to ensure the success of their events and meetings. In addition, the outstanding cuisine of the restaurant 'El Anden' awarded with the José Meliá Finisterra award for the best hotel restaurant in Malaga, makes meals a real gourmet experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Barcelo, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Barcelo Malaga reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Malaga Hotel Malaga
- Barcelo Hotel Malaga
- Barcelo Hotel málaga
- Barcelo Malaga Costa Del Sol, Spain