Stayed here for five nights recently and enjoyed it greatly. At £80 per night b&b it was a very fair price to pay for a spotless,spacious room and bathroom, shower and bath [standard]. Breakfast was fresh and plentiful with nespresso coffee machines a welcome bonus.
The standout for us was the staff. All of them unfailingly professional and helpful. We normally don't bother reception or concierges for advice but here we received such good advice with a smile that we used them again and again for day trips and restaurant suggestions. Luis the barman is also a good source of local knowledge. Ask him about the beach restaurant with no menu. The waiters simply shout out what they are carrying and you take as many as you wish. Or the 5 beers for Euros 3 at the waterfront. That's where he goes.
Hotel restaurant was good with very reasonably priced food and wine.Ideal for those who want a quiet night 'in' after a long day away.
As has been said by others, the location is ideal if you plan on days out by train or coach, as we did. Conversely, the walk downtown isn't the prettiest but a taxi is only about 5 Euros.
For the same price, we would stay again in a heartbeat.
One downside for those staying for more than a few nights. Our room only had two small drawers for clothes. Didn't bother us, we travel light. But it may be an inconvenience for others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Barceló Malaga hotel located next to the city railway station, just 10 minutes from the city center and the coastline is one of the few Spanish hotels recognized by the prestigious British Magazine Wallpaper as one of the 50 best business hotels in the world. It hosts the most amazing lobby of our country with its particular six meters high stainless steel slide connecting the first floor directly with its B-Lounge. Its 221 modern and comfortable rooms ensure a pleasant break, while the 1,500 m2 Convention Center seduces sectors committed to design to ensure the success of their events and meetings. In addition, the outstanding cuisine of the restaurant 'El Anden' awarded with the José Meliá Finisterra award for the best hotel restaurant in Malaga, makes meals a real gourmet experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Barcelo, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Barcelo Malaga reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Malaga Hotel Malaga
- Barcelo Hotel Malaga
- Barcelo Hotel málaga
- Barcelo Malaga Costa Del Sol, Spain