This is primarily a Business Hotel. Its location above the station is excellent (if you need the station). Otherwise it is a bit to far away from the main attractions, 20 minute walk through the business/docks area, which is not the nicest part of Malaga.
The main drawback for me was the lack of any outside space to enjoy the lovely winter sunshine. The picture shows tables outside the main bar but they were not in place. The rooms are high tech but most of the tech is pointless. One switch controls all the lighting including the motion sensor setting which very annoyingly puts all the lights on if you move an inch in bed. The temperature controls for the aircon/heating range from 20 to 23 degrees. That is far to HOT for a bedroom. there is one tiny window opening and that only lets in the outside noise. The lights in the bathroom shine directly into the bedroom through a glass panel there is not enough storage space, the bedroom doors are on a very strong spring which causes them to slam shut and there are no tea or coffee making facilities. In fact the whole room has been badly thought out by a brainless geek who has no idea what people need in a hotel room. The pointless slide from the business lounge to the bar is only used by brave Chinese students but obviously is a talking point. The Bar looks like a 60's Disco complete with tiled dance floor and virtually no bar and one staff member. It is either completely empty or full depending on the timing of the many meetings going on.
On the positive side the beds are comfortable and its is quiet apart from the slamming doors. The reception staff, in fact all the staff were wonderful. Helpful, polite and had plenty of time to answer queries despite being very busy. After checking out I realised I had left a very expensive set of headphones in the room and these were found by the staff and returned with no drama and to my great relief. Its just a pity that the building is not as well thought out as the staff that work there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Barceló Malaga hotel located next to the city railway station, just 10 minutes from the city center and the coastline is one of the few Spanish hotels recognized by the prestigious British Magazine Wallpaper as one of the 50 best business hotels in the world. It hosts the most amazing lobby of our country with its particular six meters high stainless steel slide connecting the first floor directly with its B-Lounge. Its 221 modern and comfortable rooms ensure a pleasant break, while the 1,500 m2 Convention Center seduces sectors committed to design to ensure the success of their events and meetings. In addition, the outstanding cuisine of the restaurant 'El Anden' awarded with the José Meliá Finisterra award for the best hotel restaurant in Malaga, makes meals a real gourmet experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Agoda, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Barcelo Malaga reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Malaga Hotel Malaga
- Barcelo Hotel Malaga
- Barcelo Hotel málaga
- Barcelo Malaga Costa Del Sol, Spain