Stayed at Barcelo Malaga just one night, but it was an excellent stay and I came away very impressed with the hotel.
The hotel is about as centrally located in Malaga as you can get, especially for travelers who are arriving from other parts of Spain via the city's primary train/bus station (Maria Zambrano). The hotel is connected to MZ Station, which also provides quick 3-stop, 8 minute train transfers to Malaga/Costa del Sol International Airport. That said, if you are traveling with a quick turnaround or only in Malaga for a few days, the Barcelo is an excellent home base.
The Barcelo is a 15 minute walk from the really touristy spots in Malaga's city center, but the walk is carefree and pleasant especially given Malaga's lovely climate. If walking is not your idea of fun, you can also take the commuter rail from the main train station in the opposite direction of the airport to Malaga Centro Station. It is literally an 120 second ride.
The hotel is modern, clean and well-appointed. Stayed in a basic room, which was quite nice so it doesn't seem like there is any need to upgrade to a more expensive room. Got an excellent night's sleep there as the bed was extremely comfortable and the staff was very friendly. Only complaint would be that the Wi-Fi was very, very slow.
Despite that, I would definitely stay at the Barcelo again as its location, modernity and convenience are not matched by other hotels that I have stayed in Malaga previously.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Barceló Malaga hotel located next to the city railway station, just 10 minutes from the city center and the coastline is one of the few Spanish hotels recognized by the prestigious British Magazine Wallpaper as one of the 50 best business hotels in the world. It hosts the most amazing lobby of our country with its particular six meters high stainless steel slide connecting the first floor directly with its B-Lounge. Its 221 modern and comfortable rooms ensure a pleasant break, while the 1,500 m2 Convention Center seduces sectors committed to design to ensure the success of their events and meetings. In addition, the outstanding cuisine of the restaurant 'El Anden' awarded with the José Meliá Finisterra award for the best hotel restaurant in Malaga, makes meals a real gourmet experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Barcelo, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Cancelon, HRS, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Barcelo Malaga reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Malaga Hotel Malaga
- Barcelo Hotel Malaga
- Barcelo Hotel málaga
- Barcelo Malaga Costa Del Sol, Spain