We stayed here for four nights at the end of April. Lets get the disadvantages out of the way - it's approximately a 20 minute walk to the heart of Malaga. That's the downside taken care of. The hotel is located within the complex that is Maria Zambrano railway station and shopping centre. It is an eight minute train ride from the airport. First impressions were excellent, an efficient welcoming reception that had us checked in within a few minutes. English is widely (and well) spoken. Our standard room was huge and came with air con and a decent sized en-suite bathroom with a large shower (not the usual coffin size). The room was quiet, clean and had a king size bed. The bar is open noon until 1 am and serves burgers, pasta, pizza in addition to the usual drinks. Beer is served with complimentary crisps, olives or nuts; coffee comes with biscuits. We also ate twice in the restaurant - excellent food at a reasonable price. Breakfast buffet is superb, a huge range of cereal, cheese, bread, fruit, cooked meat, veg, eggs, etc. A chef is on hand to prepare dishes not available on the buffet. The Nespresso machines have a choice of at least 6 coffees. Our stay was excellent, the service was faultless throughout and we even used the slide! If on a budget, this hotel is the one to choose.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Barceló Malaga hotel located next to the city railway station, just 10 minutes from the city center and the coastline is one of the few Spanish hotels recognized by the prestigious British Magazine Wallpaper as one of the 50 best business hotels in the world. It hosts the most amazing lobby of our country with its particular six meters high stainless steel slide connecting the first floor directly with its B-Lounge. Its 221 modern and comfortable rooms ensure a pleasant break, while the 1,500 m2 Convention Center seduces sectors committed to design to ensure the success of their events and meetings. In addition, the outstanding cuisine of the restaurant 'El Anden' awarded with the José Meliá Finisterra award for the best hotel restaurant in Malaga, makes meals a real gourmet experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com and Barcelo so you can book your Barcelo Malaga reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Malaga Hotel Malaga
- Barcelo Hotel Malaga
- Barcelo Hotel málaga
- Barcelo Malaga Costa Del Sol, Spain