We stayed in this lovely hotel for 3 nights at the beginning of our trip around Andalusia and again for 1 night a week or so later before departing by train for Valencia. Our initial reason for booking at the Barceló, Malaga was its location right next door to the Maria Zambrano train station but it offered so much more than we ever expected.
The reception staff were friendly, efficient and helpful and we soon found ourselves in our comfortable, spotlessly clean room. The decor is modern and very stylish and the rooms have everything you need except, and this is only a very small detail, a hot beverage station (kettle and cups etc), which admittedly seems to be absent in most of the Spanish hotels we stayed in.
We booked in on a bed only basis so can't comment on the breakfast. However, there are great pavement cafes just over the road from the hotel where a delicious breakfast is available for just a few euros.
Although the hotel is not in the old part of the city, it is very easy to get there, as we did each evening. There is a bus service every ten minutes from the next block that on your return, stops right outside the hotel (one way road system).
Many of the car rental companies have offices in the mall adjoining the hotel (we used Avis, but there are others) and you can arrange to pick up and drop off your vehicle there, which is very convenient especially if, like us, you are embarking on a road trip.
The Barceló, Malaga is more business than leisure hotel and has a conference centre and very trendy bar area but this didn't detract from our stay and I would wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone looking for great accommodation in Malaga.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Barceló Malaga hotel located next to the city railway station, just 10 minutes from the city center and the coastline is one of the few Spanish hotels recognized by the prestigious British Magazine Wallpaper as one of the 50 best business hotels in the world. It hosts the most amazing lobby of our country with its particular six meters high stainless steel slide connecting the first floor directly with its B-Lounge. Its 221 modern and comfortable rooms ensure a pleasant break, while the 1,500 m2 Convention Center seduces sectors committed to design to ensure the success of their events and meetings. In addition, the outstanding cuisine of the restaurant 'El Anden' awarded with the José Meliá Finisterra award for the best hotel restaurant in Malaga, makes meals a real gourmet experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TravelUp, LoveHolidays, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Barcelo Malaga reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Malaga Hotel Malaga
- Barcelo Hotel Malaga
- Barcelo Hotel málaga
- Barcelo Malaga Costa Del Sol, Spain