Other reviewers have already pointed out that this hotel is more suited to business people and that's true, but it still makes a great base for holidaymakers like us, who like Malaga itself and also want to visit other towns such as Cordoba and Grenada. We booked the hotel through a Spanish travel agency and paid £65 a night for our stay in a spacious room in a hotel with many amenities and a lovely buffet breakfast. Perhaps because we were staying 7 nights we were put in a very quiet room, and you would never guess you were next to a station and shopping mall. The jacuzzi shower was fantastic. Small annoyances were the glass panel in the shower room which allowed light into the bedroom, and the lack of anything othet than Spanish TV. From outside the front of the hotel you can catch a bus to the airport or to the coastal strip and Mijas. Walk a further block south and you can catch a bus into town and the Malaguetta beach. Or walk for 15 mins. to the Alameda Principal and catch a bus to the El Palo beach. From close to the back entrance to the hotel you can catch a local train to the airport and the coastal strip to Fuengirola, or an intercity train to further afield. The adjacent shopping mall has many eating and drinking possibilities if you don't want to go into town and just 50 metres further on is a large bus station.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Barceló Malaga hotel located next to the city railway station, just 10 minutes from the city center and the coastline is one of the few Spanish hotels recognized by the prestigious British Magazine Wallpaper as one of the 50 best business hotels in the world. It hosts the most amazing lobby of our country with its particular six meters high stainless steel slide connecting the first floor directly with its B-Lounge. Its 221 modern and comfortable rooms ensure a pleasant break, while the 1,500 m2 Convention Center seduces sectors committed to design to ensure the success of their events and meetings. In addition, the outstanding cuisine of the restaurant 'El Anden' awarded with the José Meliá Finisterra award for the best hotel restaurant in Malaga, makes meals a real gourmet experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Barcelo, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Barcelo Malaga reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Malaga Hotel Malaga
- Barcelo Hotel Malaga
- Barcelo Hotel málaga
- Barcelo Malaga Costa Del Sol, Spain