Here's our review, based on our 9B criteria:
* Bed - a single bed with a comfy mattress.
* Bedroom - small in size, as you would expect from a student room, but it's fine for a place to just 'bunk down'. It had a desk and shelves, plus lamp. It's worth bearing in mind that the Residence overlooks a busy pedestrian street, and that the interior is not really sound-proofed, so there may be quite a bit of noise. However, I had a great sleep.
* Bathroom - although it was communal, it was more like a bathroom in your own house, with a toilet and shower in one room, rather than a locker room with lots of cubicles and showers.
* Breakfast - hot drink, roll and preserve included.
* Bar - n/a
* Bods - very friendly
* Budget - great value for the very centre of town.
* Back (i.e. would we return?) - Yes, if I was going with friends and was spending little time in the Residence, but I would not go back if I was going for a romantic break! Overall I was really pleased with choice for this trip, and I should also mention that there was a comfy lounge with TV and one free internet computer.
* Beyond the hotel...
The Residence is not well marked on the street, so note the address carefully and look out for it.
It's also worth doing an internet search for the 'best tapas bars of Malaga' to find recommended places.
You can see into the bullring from the viewpoint at the castle.
The ferry to Melilla departs from the port about 20 mins walk from the Residence.
The food market (Atarazanas) is worth a visit to stock up on provisions.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, HostelWorld, Travel Republic (UK) and Odigeo so you can book your Residencia Universitaria Santa Paula reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residencia Universitaria Santa Paula Malaga, Costa Del Sol, Spain