Open today: 11:00 - 15:00, 19:00 - 22:30

Book in advance
from
£63.26
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Ways to Experience Spain Food Sherpas
from £63.26
from £64.36
from £66.91
from £70.82
1,808 results
All reviews tapas tour paella malaga tapas food and wine food culture an excellent guide delicious tapas our tour guide highly recommend this tour great tour local history booked this tour interesting facts meeting point felipe sharma spain
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 May 2016

My wife and I, both enthusiastic amateur cooks, attended Spain Food Sherpa's tapas workshop. With a ratio of 4 customers, 1 multilingual facilitator and a cook who only spoke Spanish, it felt very personal.

We were shown around the market in Malaga and to a couple of local delicatessens before walking to the cookery school where we tried some tapas before learning to cook others. The ingredients were lovely and fresh and the cookery equipment perfect. I wish I could keep my knives that sharp!

The tapas recipes were fairly simple as they can't know the abilities of the students in advance. As we were all reasonably competent I would have preferred something that pushed me a little harder, but I accept that that wasn't possible. Perhaps a part 2 could be offered?

The chef was lovely. She explained, in Spanish, what she was doing and the facilitator, who's name has slipped my mind translated. They answered any questions we had as we went along. We sat down to eat what we had cooked and washed it down with a glass of local wine.

We both enjoyed our time, about 4 hours in total, and would recommend the course to anyone looking for an introduction to tapas

Date of experience: May 2016
spainfoodsherpas, Gerente at Spain Food Sherpas, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2016

Thank you so much for taking the time and writing such a nice and long review! We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed the experience!
As you wrote very well, since we need to cater for many different types of clients we don't know beforehand, it can be quite challenging to find something suitable for everyone. In any case we would be pleased to receive with the booking any preferences you might have to make sure to meet your needs as much as possible (maybe for the next time?!). Also we would like to say that we choose these tapas (that vary with the time and depending on the season), because they simply are delicious and very representative of our region :)
Well, thank you very much again, we will definitely take into account your suggestions and hope to see you again some day.
All the best!

Reviewed 6 May 2016

It was a great workshop.
Everything was well-organized.
All the ladies (hen party) were happy.
At the end of the workshop we sat down on the terrace of El Pimpi with a nice cocktail in our hands, the perfect ending of a nice activity.

Date of experience: April 2016

Thank yo uso much for this great review! We are very happy we could be part of your Malaga- and Hen Party experience! You were a lovely group and we're glad you enjoyed it.
Many greetings to all of you, especially the bride :)

Reviewed 2 May 2016

I had been eagerly awaiting this tour after I booked it nearly 3 months ago, and I must say that it surpassed my expectations. Food is such an integral part of the Spanish experience, and this tour provides an inside look into that part of the culture that is difficult to understand otherwise. We made five stops eating a variety of tapas and drinking unique wines and beer over the course of four hours. My wife and I were extremely impressed at the knowledge that our guide (Simone) had of the food and locations as well as the history of Málaga in general. She was so passionate about everything that she shared with us, which made the tour even more exciting. I scheduled this tour early in our visit to Málaga, which I recommend because we were able to use the knowledge shared with us for the remainder of our trip.

I highly recommend this tour, and I will definitely go on another Food Sherpas tour/workshop the next time I visit Málaga!

Date of experience: April 2016

What a wonderful review!! Thank you so much for taking time writing it- we really appreciate it! We are more than happy to hear that you had a great time on the tour and moreover to read that you could use what you learned throughout the rest of your trip!! :)
So glad as well to hear that we might welcome you back. Until then, best wishes to you and your wife y esperamos veros pronto de vuelta! Fue un placer!
Un abrazo a los dos!

Reviewed 30 April 2016

We started by meeting up in the city center, taking a walk to the local food market. She spoke with passion of Malagas food, culture, and history. After collecting some groceries we walked to the cooking class. A very clean and professional atmosphere. Starting off with olive oil tasting, I learned a lot about food, malaga, and cooking. A fantastic experience!

Date of experience: April 2016

Dear Sandra, thank you so much for your great review! I was lots of fun having you on the tour and we hope to be able to welcome you again in Malaga!
All the best.

Reviewed 27 April 2016

We enjoyed our Malaga Tapas Tour so much. From being shown the best places to eat and shop in the amazing food market, to the little family run old food shops that were pointed out to us, to the restaurants we would probably never have stumbled upon on our own. Our guide was wonderful, utterly charming and endlessly patient with the non stop questions being thrown at her. She was very easy to be with for the hours that she spent with us, and very informative. I highly recommend this tour for anyone wanting to get to know Malaga and it's food a little better.

Date of experience: April 2016
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We are pleased to hear you had a good time and that we could show you something authentic from our region.
We hope to welcome you again in Malaga some day.
Many greetings.