“Gone downhill ”
Review of La Tagliatella

La Tagliatella
Reserve with
La Tagliatella is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,779 of 2,410 Restaurants in Malaga
Price range: US$16 - US$18
Cuisines: Italian
Description: Maybe you’re thinking about spending a pleasurable but intensive day’s shopping at the Plaza Mayor Mall in Malaga? Make the most of the occasion to visit our Italian restaurant La Tagliatella to enjoy traditional Italian cuisine. Relax and recharge your batteries in a welcoming atmosphere, with every last detail thought through to make you feel as though you were really in Italy.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We have been here many times over the last few years and always enjoyed it but today we left disappointed. They seemed to be understaffed which added to our frustrations. The new restaurant manager appeared to totally ignore us on quite a few occasions when we tried to get his attention by looking at us and then looking away. Very unprofessional. The most disappointing course was the basílico caprese salad. We started with the basílico ice cream in the center and then moved onto the soft cheese which was also frozen but shouldn’t have been. I mentioned it to the waiter who asked if I wanted it replacing to which I replied yes. He came back not with another new salad but our original one minus the basil helado and tomatoes which we had eaten but lettuce leaves with a fresh lot of defrosted cheese on!!! Appalling! We also ordered a pasta dish and a lasagna which were fine but the salad was particularly disappointing and indifference of the restaurant management really let it down. We will not be returning in a hurry.

Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

All the time I got to this place to eat it’s always very good food but this time the server was in a bad mood dropping the plates in a very noisy way and not friendly at all . If I go to this kind of places I’m expecting to have a good time too ! Sad really ...

Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

We were impressed by the restaurant’s cozy interior, so we decided to try it for an early dinner. We were not disappointed: very friendly and patient service (thank you our waiter, Bruno!) and delicious pasta. I had pumpkin and goat cheese ravioli with truffles sauce and it was excellent. My husband had green ravioli with Trapanese sauce; it was good, but not as good as my choice (a bit more “al dente” than we wanted and a little over salted to my taste).

The restaurant is beautifully decorated and it does remind my of Italy where we have been so many times.

Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

It was raining in Malaga and we decided to take a trip out to do some shopping. Came upon this place surrounded by the usual eateries you expect at a shopping mall. And wow we weren’t disappointed. The risotto and carbonara were to die for served with a crisp dry white wine. I would have shared pictures but we loved the food so much I forgot to take some . Great find and will be back.

Reviewed 30 August 2017

I don't like leaving a negative review however we were disappointed, the restaurant looks beautiful inside and as we have a holiday home in the area we often visit Plaza Mayor and decided to try it for lunch. We were sat outside and my husband said his calzone was good, I had a huge pasta with a Norma sauce which was not warm and very sweet, at nearly 15 euros it was expensive I'd of preferred a smaller portion however you could share easily with a salad. The let down was the service we had no napkins and our food was served with no cutlery? Trying to get the girls attention was impossible and so I had to go back inside to hunt for a fork. Maybe that's why my lunch was cold. We could not get the girls attention for the bill either so once again I had to go back inside, we weren't asked if we required more drinks and she certainly never smiled. The staff look immaculate in matching outfits everything appears stylish how ever no napkins or cutlery is not acceptable especially at the high prices they charge it should of been spotted when the drinks arrived. The waitress was trying to explain in Spanish (she spoke little English) to a family who just sat down they needed to be seated and to go see the lady inside. The family did not understand her at all so I explained for her, she never even thanked me for my effort. Our Spanish is not great but we speak enough to get by and I clearly understood what she was try to say
Attention to detail and some general customer service is required as this is one of the nicest restaurants in the plaza although our son would argue it is Fosters he enjoys a burger if he is with us as a rare treat

Restaurantes L, Propietario at La Tagliatella, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2017

Hello,

Thank you for your comment about our restaurant in Málaga, as it helps us a lot in order to improve our service. We would like to apologize for the experience you had there. We have shared your comment with that restaurant's manager so we avoid possible similar situations in the future. We hope you will give us another chance.

Best regards,
Customer Care La Tagliatella.