“Book the balcony, it's the most romantic table in Marbella.”
Review of Restaurante Mena

Restaurante Mena
Ranked #415 of 1,453 Restaurants in Marbella
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I've read most if not all reviews on Mena and i was very reluctant to got there after reading them but as my wife and I were in Marbella for only 4 days the location of this restaurant was just too good to turn down and I had also seen on Google maps that they had a table on the balcony over looking Orange Square which is not mentioned on their website, so I phoned in and booked it for half seven on a Saturday night in late March. We had aready eaten in Villa Tiberio and in Buenaventura on previous nights which get great reviews, we found them to be nice restaurants but overpriced and not somewhere we would run back to. However the balcony table at Mena was just spectacular and the service we recieved was second to none. We were the only people on the upstairs section of the restaurant and I thought by the previous reviews that we would be forgotton about up there but I was wrong, we had essentially our own waiter even though the entire downstairs section was full including outside on the square (approx 25 tables) and the food was amazing. Can't belive the other reviews here, this resturant was the best we ate in by far and if you book the balcony table in advance you will see what I mean, I can't recommend it high enough, a real romantic end to a great trip.

2  Thank Demo2014

Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

We had dinner there by hazard, on the most touristic place of Marbella.
The location is nice but the rest is just terrible. Each dish is extremely over-priced ( minimum 25€ without VAT!). Quality of food (i had fish) was poor! Service during meal was not nice, a bit rude, no smile, nothing we can call "service". We were just tourists considered for their money only.
Another surprise arrived at the end with the bill. It must have been written in small on the menu but an additional 10%VAT was added ( but not on the menu). Most ( if not all) restaurants in Marbella displays the price including the VAT. This was not really fair!
Anyway, we had for 74€ (2 main course and 1beer, 1 soda), and at the moment to pay by card, the waiter entered 79€ On the machine... Accidental mistake or another thing to get more money from the tourist's wallet hoping this will not be noticed? We will never know but you'd better check if you ever go there.
We will never go back there ever. We just feel a bit "robbed" with such high prices and bad quality with it!
We tried another restaurant close by (italian- casa tua) the next day and this was just FABULOUS food and service. Something worth our money.

2  Thank noelcaro
Reviewed 22 September 2013

The location is great, the atmosphere was wonderful- the service was non-existant. Whether the waiter had too many tables or the kitchen was overwhelmed, it doesn't matter- it wasn't good. And, this was no an issue of the leisurely Spanish paced dinner. It took an inordinate amount of time to get wine ordered and then receive it. It took almost a half and hour to get a cold tapas appetizer for a starter. The after almost a half and hour after order my main course, the waiter returned to say that they were now out of the lamb and what did I want. Overall, the poor service eclipsed any merit to the food or dining experience. We will not return.

1  Thank DP49
Reviewed 19 September 2013

We always stop by when we are in Marbella. I don't really know why, the food is OK, the service usually quite Spanish, efficient but a little brusque but the location is to die for. We stopped by last night with elderly parents, the waiter was very helpful regarding my mothers garlic allergy (a bit of a nightmare in Spain). The food was fine, we had a really pleasant waiter who chatted about football and we sat for a long time enjoying our wine, and the fantastic people watching that Orange Square provides. We'll certainly return next year.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

Venue is very lovely but food is the most horrible one I've had in Marbella. It's very expensive and not worth it!! We were 3 and ended up paying 150€ and didn't finish what we had in our plates because it was simply poor, tastless food.
if you want to have dinner on this lovely square go to Paco Jimenez but not here!