“The best cure for a health boost”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Buchinger Wilhelmi

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Marbella
Buchinger Wilhelmi
Ranked #43 of 71 Hotels in Marbella
Brussels, Belgium
“The best cure for a health boost”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

This is a great address if you are interested in investing for your health - it was my 7th visit and i hope to go there each year. The setting is wonderful and the Clinic staff and amenities are top class - it attracts people from all over the world and has a great reputation. I opted to do the fasting for 10 days which is far easier than anyone thinks. There are other options such as 800'calories .. Beautiful refined food controlled by knowledgeable nutritionists. It does not come cheap but i believe it is worth it for my well- being.

Stayed March 2014
9 Thank Rosemary M

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Paris, France
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

I went there on my own for 14 days detox. In this programme you are supposed to fast for 9-10 days. in those days you only have teas, some honey, fruit juices, broths and yogurt. The first day "preperation day", you would have a bit of solid food like rice. Then you would fast for 9-10 days. The last days of your stay are the re adaptation phase where you introduce solid food to your system.

I had a terrible experience for several reasons.
On my second day I had to see the doctor for my first checkup. Whats ironic about it is that i was given pieces of advice about my weight from an overweight if not obese doctor. I know this has nothing to do with the evaluation of the detox programme. However, you can't give what you don't have. It's just not convincing.

During the detox programme, your bowels don't move so the nurse on site is supposed to give you medication that you would take every other day. Simply, for my first 4 days I didn't get them cause the nurse "Forgot/does not know/did not check my file". I have no clue!

In this clinic they claim that they do not have TVs and WIFI in the room because they want you to relax and they want the place to be as healthy as possible, which is not true for one reason, that you can rent a TV and pay extra for internet. So its all about money. But, don't expect a strong WIFI signal. Its extremely poor and you have to type your user name and passwrod every time you lose the signal, meaning every 10 minutes and i am not exaggerating.

Now let me tell you about the cleanliness of the room, gym and toilets. Since they are trying their best to offer a "healthy" environment for their clients. They use vinegar as a cleaning agent. The rooms, toilets and gym smell sour and sweaty. I wonder if they use vinegar because its non toxic or because they are trying their best to save money.The housekeeping personel are very noisy. By the time you want to relax, you'd hear them chatting so loudly in the corridors.

Their class timetable only offers low impact exercises even the advanced classes are low impact so you can imagine how the beginner classes are. I would say that the beginner classes are zero impact.

Maybe the most important thing you look for in such a place is the food. I had solid food during the re adaptation phase. and to be honest I wished that i didn't. During my fast I was thinking of the re adaptation and having proper food. Unfortunately, the food was tasteless. It felt like eating diet food. I want to make things clear here. I am not a kind of person who eats over-seasoned salty food and found their food tasteless. Not at all. on the contrary, I follow a low GL diet, and I know that you can prepare a delicious low cal low GL meal and not feel that your eating diet food.

Please if you decide to go to this place, check your bank statement before you leave. I suppose they think only rich people who do not care about money come to them so they do not hesitate to charge you double the price. On top of that, they would deny it. and you have to go through the hassle of claiming your money back through your bank.

Finally, on my last night I was given a questionaire to fill out. In this qustionaire they offer to reply and I chose to receive a reply from them. They simply did not reply. I wonder why do they offer to reply if they do not want to. I advice them to erase this offer from their qustionaire.

Room Tip: Choose the room on first or second floor not on raised ground or lower ground. Ask for garden view r...