“Hmm , a conundrum ”

Hermosa
Ranked #19 of 1,379 Restaurants in Marbella
Price range: US$22 - US$50
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Hermosa is a Southern Californian style bistro & grill that serves progressive international cuisine. We prepare our dishes using local seasonal and sustainable produce where possible and our menus will often change to accommodate the availability of such ingredients. Our dishes typically fuse the flavors of the old and new world from Tuscany to the Pacific Rim and feature modern interpretations of traditional European, American and Asian dishes. Our menu also features a unique dining experience, 'The Grill', which enables you to comfortably stray from the confines of a traditional A la carte and design a dish that suits you. All of our dishes are freshly prepared and cooked to order, we like to serve fresh food, not fast food. Our setting is relaxed and comfortable. Low key and romantic. We like to call it 'fine-casual' dining.
Lichfield, United Kingdom
“Hmm , a conundrum ”
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Lovely reviews prompted us to come here, and in many respects the reviews ring true . Great location , buzzy atmosphere. The restaurant looked smart and clean. We had to ask for menus , and also for our drinks , after a 15 minute wait after seating .. Ok, it's busy , so benefit of the doubt. The staff were apologetic , and the drinks were fine. Then another looooong wait until our order was taken . The starters arrived in a timely fashion, delivered by a very flustered looking lady , it made me want to tell her to calm down ... It didn't make for relaxed professional dining . After that I noticed she was like that all evening . The starters were lovely . The mains were ok, my sisters belly pork was very fatty , but the potatoes were good . Then another long wait for the dessert order to be taken. Getting abit bored with it now , so call the waiter over again . My sticky toffee pudding was disappointing , more a dried ginger tasting cake . The key lime pie was divine. We didn't have anything else. I couldn't be bothered to complain at the time as I didn't want to add to the staffs burden . Maybe need to get some more staff on busy Saturday nights?

1 Thank sorrybarcelona
hermosaPC, Owner at Hermosa, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to leave your review and feedback which we fully take on board. Unfortunately at this time of the year despite our best efforts service and food can take longer than we would like. Being a small restaurant, with a small kitchen one of the things we try to do to combat this is stagger the time our clients sit down to ensure we can serve them efficiently and well. Unfortunately on the evening you visited several of our tables arrived and sat down late, including a table of nine, the impact of this is that our staff are stretched and our kitchen is inundated with order tickets.

I'm sorry your sister was disappointed with her port belly, it's a tasty but tricky dish. Pork belly is a fatty dish and sometimes it is difficult to ascertain how much fat there is until it is cut into. I will also take some time to check the sticky toffee pudding. We do use a little five spice in our recipe but it certainly shouldn't be overpowering or dry.

We would much prefer for clients to tell us of problems during a visit, we are there first and foremost to ensure you have a nice evening with good food and service and if we are made aware of problems during the evening we are able to rectify them there and then. Once again many thanks for your feedback which we will of course act upon as and where possible.

A TripAdvisor Member
“Lovely food from people who care”
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Went for dinner and will be going back before the end of my holiday. First class food prepared and served by wonderful hosts who clearly have a passion that they love to share. Pork belly main was the highlight washed down with a super Albariño. Only shame is that I was too full for pud.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
hermosaPC, Owner at Hermosa, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to leave your kind review. We are glad you enjoyed your visit and very much hope to see you before the end of your holiday. Enjoy the rest of your stay!
Royston
“Always a good meal!”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Very good good and staff/owners very professional and happy. Definitely worth a visit. Had a fantastically cooked steak here the other night as part of my surf and turf. Doughnuts to share for pudding are also very good!

Visited July 2014
hermosaPC, Owner at Hermosa, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to leave your kind review. It's always a pleasure to welcome you and the family to the restaurant and we are grateful of your continued support. Hope to see you before you leave.
Royston, United Kingdom
“Best burger in the port!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Visit Hermosa it is the best meal i have had in a long time. If u want to sis outside you must book because they are normally busy! The staff are really nice and know what thay are doing.

• Visited July 2014
hermosaPC, Owner at Hermosa, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Ah Harrison, thanks so much for taking the time to leave your kind review, I know how busy you are on your holiday. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your meal and I'm even happier to hear that you think the 'staff know what they are doing'! Thank you for being so good and polite every time you visit and extra special thanks for lending me your scooter, I think with a bit of practice it could definitely help me take orders quicker and get dinners to the table in record time. Enjoy the rest of your holiday and hope to see you soon.
London, United Kingdom
“Hermosa delight!”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I have dined at Hermosa on a number of occasions, and I visited it again last weekend. As with previous visits, the meal and service was fantastic!
Hermosa has got to be my favourite restaurant in Marbella. The menu has a large selection and the daily specials are always outstanding, and reasonably priced. It is in a lovely location in the port of Cabopina.
I would highly recommend Hermosa to anyone that wants a superb meal with great hosts and friendly helpful staff.
Thanks for another great evening!

• Visited July 2014
hermosaPC, Owner at Hermosa, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to leave your kind review, your continued support is much appreciated and it's always a pleasure to welcome you and the family to the restaurant. Hope to see you soon.