Those that have read my previous reviews, no that I am as objective as possible when writing a review, so here goes with good and bad points.
Location - excellent for walking access to Puerto Buenos and walking or public transport to Marbella, walking 45 mins, nice straight route, taxi 9 euro, bus under 2 Euros. Shops just outside hotel for snacks etc.
Staff - friendly, helpful and good at what they do, weather cleaning, cooking or front line service.
Rooms - large, spacious and clean, sea view limited however from our room, when we were offered full sea view on booking, twin beds not couple friendly, tea / coffee making facilities would be a definite plus but as my next category will establish I believe the main prob with this hotel is money over substance.
Prices - As expected the prices for drinks at this hotel are extortionate, nearly 20 euro for a Btl of wine that literally in Aldi over the road retails at 3.50 euro, sml water 2.70 euro, same shop 29 cents!! Coffee / tea sml cup, 3 euro hence no facilities in room, we boarded half board and all drinks for evening meal inc water was not inc.
Food - half board basis but wished we had done B&B, breakfast can't be faulted, nicely cooked omelettes to order etc if basic, evening meal, very same old same old, pasta every night, salad every night, pizza every night, a freshly pan fried option of steak / chic or fish most evenings, but just seemed to blend into the same food every night not much daily variety.
Entertainment - not really, a piano / saxophonist 1 evening, and a bar singer on another out of a 7 day period, the usual standard flamenco dancers etc sadly came at a 39 euro per person surcharge due to a BBQ being in with the deal? We had paid for evening meal so declined and by all accounts were not alone as a poor turn out was noted, lunch in place of evening meal was offered, but lunch does not cost what we paid for evening meal so the figures didn't add up?!
Pool area - relatively small for the size of the hotel but ok for our needs, however in peak season I would be amazed if all guests got a bed and as the sun hits certain areas throughout the day if you don't choose the right area you will be disappointed, there is a so called exclusive club for the hotel which is within walking distance from the hotel were a separate small pool is located, but beds here are not free and cost around 8 euro per day per person, no freebies here either drink / food wise, but it's away from the main hotel so quieter, but as it's small area I'm in no doubt that peak season will see this area busy as well.
To summarise, over all, our stay was good and what we needed, the hotel was relatively quiet and staff were nice, rooms big but dated and as long as you factor in that the hotel is expensive in comparison to local stores / bars and no that there are plenty of other places to eat drink then you will be ok, I am not by any means short of money, but I do like value for it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the very first moment you arrive, the Marbella Coral Beach hotel brings peace and quiet to all travellers. Located on the seafront at La Milla de Oro in Marbella, decked out in a fine Mediterranean style and offering all kinds of experiences and attractive activities. Its 170 rooms and state-of-the-art suites make this a magnificent hotel where you can spend a few intimate days relaxing in the tranquillity of Marbella. The hotel features free Premium Wi-Fi services, two pools, a fitness room, all inclusive option, massage service, body treatments, a buffet restaurant, Sea Soul Restaurant and Beach Club with sea views, two bars…and an exclusive VIP zone with Balinese beds and open bar service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Iberostar, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Iberostar Marbella Coral Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Marbella Coral Beach Hotel Marbella
- Occidental Coral Beach Marbella
- Occidental Coral Beach Hotel Marbella
- Iberostar Marbella Coral Beach Andalucia