I travelled with 9 of my close friends to this hotel for my hen on the bank holiday weekend in August. Upon arrival the check-in service was incredible rude with the hotel staff being rude and very un-helpful. We were all told that you had to pay up-front upon check-in. We had no problem with this and all of the rooms apart from one were in a position to pay immediately. One of the rooms the two girls had arrived seperately and so we were told that they could pay later.
Later in the day, one of the girls from this room went back to get something and when she let herself into the room she found a male hotel worker wandering around her room, to be clear this was not a member of the cleaning staff. Given that this is considered a family hotel I would be extremely worried about male workers letting themselves into any hotel rooms unannounced. My friend got a shock and a scare to find herself in a hotel room alone with a male that she didn't know. To make matters worse when she came up to tell me what had happened she went back to the room to get her wallet and the hotel had locked her out of the room until she had paid, this was a mere couple of hours after the check-in had told them that they could pay later.
When I spoke to two different hotel managers that point blank said that a male hotel worker could let themselves into any hotel room when they wanted....once again can you imagine if you had children staying here! When they brought the man over to me to explain why he had let himself in, his attidude was appalling and extremely rude.
I travel a lot with business and i can absolutley say that the service in this hotel is without a doubt the worst i have ever experienced coupled with the fact that this hotel in my opinion is not safe i would not recommend staying here under any circumstances!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin La Quinta Golf Resort & Spa, Benahavis, Marbella is ideally located in the beautiful "Valley of Golf", Marbella, which makes it a unique destination for lovers of golf, featuring its exclusive club and a 27 hole private golf course. Situated between the Mediterranean sea and the mountains of Sierra Blanca, and only 10 minutes by car from the Costa del Sol, the hotel is surrounded by an exceptionally beautiful natural landscape. This unique destination, which is blessed with a warm sunny climate all year round, is ideal for couples and families to enjoy with all the amenities and services needed for relaxation and wellbeing. The 1,500 sqm SPA, the 2 exterior swimming pools surrounded by gardens and the Westin(R) Kids Club will facilitate fun for the young ones and tranquillity for adults. The Westin La Quinta rooms and suites are comfortable and spacious, featuring an authentic Andalusian-style décor flooded with natural light, private terraces, uplifting views to the mountains and all the amenities that distinguish Westin, including the Westin(R) Heavenly Beds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin La Quinta Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia La Quinta Golf And Spa Resort
- Melia La Quinta Golf Hotel Marbella
- Westin Marbella
- La Quinta Marbella
- Marbella Westin
- Marbella La Quinta
- The Westin La Quinta Golf Resort & Spa Marbella, Andalucia