I have just returned from Melia La Quinta after spending 3 nights and 4 days. First impressions of the hotel were pretty good until we got to the reception desk and then things started to go wrong! On the positive or rooms were ready, despite the fact we arrived at lunch time, but the greeting from the receptionist was far from welcoming and we appeared to be more of an annoyance than anything else.
We weren't asked if this was our first visit (which it was) and we were given no introduction to the hotel or the facilities available to us.... In fact the only thing he seemed concerned with was making sure we either paid the €10 per night for the hotel car park (a rip off) or we needed to move our car out to the street. We were due to tee off shortly after our arrival but again there was no information provided about where to go in terms of getting to the caddy master etc
Our rooms were spacious, but as mentioned previously the floor was badly scratched and the number of clothes hangers was inadequate for even a 3 night stay!
Having eventually found our way to the golf course pro shop, we were once again 'greeted' by a rather rude lady who again provided little in the way of information or direction about where to go or what facilities were available. She gave us keys for our buggies but no direction to where they were or which ones were for us. Most frustratingly she didn't even see fit to tell us that we were going to be joined by a single player who was not in our party... This concept doesn't bother me or my playing partners in the slightest.... But being pre warned before you rock up on the first tree is usually an advantage!
On a positive note the golf courses were excellent and in very good condition... We found course A to be the most visually impressive, C the most challenging, and B was a tactical challenge but a good scoring opportunity for the clever golfer.
The final frustration was the gates to the pool being locked by security at 6pm despite all the notices saying it was open for use until 8pm... Something reception were unable to justify and unwilling to provide any solution for
Overall the hotel is nice, in a good location and has excellent facilities.... But be prepared to have to search them out yourself with little or no help from the 'customer service team' - and if you want to park your car securely it will cost you an extra €10 per night!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin La Quinta Golf Resort & Spa, Benahavis, Marbella is ideally located in the beautiful "Valley of Golf", Marbella, which makes it a unique destination for lovers of golf, featuring its exclusive club and a 27 hole private golf course. Situated between the Mediterranean sea and the mountains of Sierra Blanca, and only 10 minutes by car from the Costa del Sol, the hotel is surrounded by an exceptionally beautiful natural landscape. This unique destination, which is blessed with a warm sunny climate all year round, is ideal for couples and families to enjoy with all the amenities and services needed for relaxation and wellbeing. The 1,500 sqm SPA, the 2 exterior swimming pools surrounded by gardens and the Westin(R) Kids Club will facilitate fun for the young ones and tranquillity for adults. The Westin La Quinta rooms and suites are comfortable and spacious, featuring an authentic Andalusian-style décor flooded with natural light, private terraces, uplifting views to the mountains and all the amenities that distinguish Westin, including the Westin(R) Heavenly Beds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Ebookers, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin La Quinta Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia La Quinta Golf Hotel Marbella
- Melia La Quinta Golf And Spa Resort
- Westin Marbella
- La Quinta Marbella
- Marbella Westin
- Marbella La Quinta
- The Westin La Quinta Golf Resort & Spa Marbella, Andalucia