We booked this very last minute five day holiday through BA Hoilday Finder. We both needed a rest some peace and quiet and some sunshine. The hotel was very good and mostly met our needs.
The room was nice but we had no view at all and just looked on to a very small garden, however we did ask for somewhere very quiet and it was but the hotel wasn't full so I think most of the rooms would have been OK.
The food was excellent in both the buffet breakfast and we also tried the Japanese restaurant on site which again was very good. The service in the hotel bar which we used for a nightcap was excellent and Davina who served us every evening was a star.
We found that it wasn't easy to get any refreshments during the day if you were by the pool ( which was very cold and is not heated) without going to look for a member of staff . The pool bar is only open in July and August and whilst I accept the hotel was not busy I think the maybe this needs a rethink.
A tip for guests. Find the 19th hole over by the golf academy a very short walk away. Its a small cafe with fabulous views and serves beverages and light snacks throughout the day.
I don't think this is a hotel for families with small children. It is what it says "a golf hotel and spa." It is not located near the beach and you really need a car to get around or pay for taxis'. There is very little for smaller children to do apart from play in the pool ( which is not large) but we were pleased to see that the few children who were staying at the hotel were very well behaved . Our stay was however spoilt on the last couple of days when on family with three unruly children arrived who basically ran wild. Fortunately one of the staff around the pool eventually intervened and things were a bit quieter.
We would return to the hotel. It was very clean, the food was good and it had everything we wanted ( my husband enjoyed the golf) and it is well located to get around but we did have a car.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin La Quinta Golf Resort & Spa, Benahavis, Marbella is ideally located in the beautiful "Valley of Golf", Marbella, which makes it a unique destination for lovers of golf, featuring its exclusive club and a 27 hole private golf course. Situated between the Mediterranean sea and the mountains of Sierra Blanca, and only 10 minutes by car from the Costa del Sol, the hotel is surrounded by an exceptionally beautiful natural landscape. This unique destination, which is blessed with a warm sunny climate all year round, is ideal for couples and families to enjoy with all the amenities and services needed for relaxation and wellbeing. The 1,500 sqm SPA, the 2 exterior swimming pools surrounded by gardens and the Westin(R) Kids Club will facilitate fun for the young ones and tranquillity for adults. The Westin La Quinta rooms and suites are comfortable and spacious, featuring an authentic Andalusian-style décor flooded with natural light, private terraces, uplifting views to the mountains and all the amenities that distinguish Westin, including the Westin(R) Heavenly Beds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Westin La Quinta Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia La Quinta Golf And Spa Resort
- Melia La Quinta Golf Hotel Marbella
- Westin Marbella
- La Quinta Marbella
- Marbella Westin
- Marbella La Quinta
- The Westin La Quinta Golf Resort & Spa Marbella, Andalucia