We are Melia Reward users. We find Melia to be a good, reliable brand. The staff is generally efficient and helpful. La Quinta Golf was no exception. We found the pre-booked half board option to be extremely good value for money. It is the first time we have stayed half board anywhere and we were concerned about committing for a week in one restaurant. However, the food was of a very high standard and the hotel was very accommodating in swapping the options from lunch to dinner as it suited our needs. The pool area was lovely. Juan in reception and Isabella in the restaurant were both very helpful and pleasant.
The only thing which let down the holiday was the Japanese restaurant. When we booked into the hotel we were told we could eat for one evening in the Japanese restaurant as part of our half board option. We booked the evening through reception and were given our voucher. When we sat down to eat we were not asked if we were half board guests. We assumed, as many guests were half board and the reservation for our evening had been made through Reception, that it was clear we were half board. When we went o give the voucher at the end we were very rudely told we should have given the voucher at the beginning and we could not use the voucher. We ended up paying 250 Euros for a meal which was quite frankly adequate but by no means exceptional. The food in the main hotel restaurant is of a far superior quality.
We would highly recommend this hotel if you have car and want a relaxing base for your holiday. However, if you stay half board do not eat in the Japanese restaurant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin La Quinta Golf Resort & Spa, Benahavis, Marbella is ideally located in the beautiful "Valley of Golf", Marbella, which makes it a unique destination for lovers of golf, featuring its exclusive club and a 27 hole private golf course. Situated between the Mediterranean sea and the mountains of Sierra Blanca, and only 10 minutes by car from the Costa del Sol, the hotel is surrounded by an exceptionally beautiful natural landscape. This unique destination, which is blessed with a warm sunny climate all year round, is ideal for couples and families to enjoy with all the amenities and services needed for relaxation and wellbeing. The 1,500 sqm SPA, the 2 exterior swimming pools surrounded by gardens and the Westin(R) Kids Club will facilitate fun for the young ones and tranquillity for adults. The Westin La Quinta rooms and suites are comfortable and spacious, featuring an authentic Andalusian-style décor flooded with natural light, private terraces, uplifting views to the mountains and all the amenities that distinguish Westin, including the Westin(R) Heavenly Beds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin La Quinta Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia La Quinta Golf And Spa Resort
- Melia La Quinta Golf Hotel Marbella
- Westin Marbella
- La Quinta Marbella
- Marbella Westin
- Marbella La Quinta
- The Westin La Quinta Golf Resort & Spa Marbella, Andalucia