Hotel: For the money you are paying, this resort was perfect. This Melia location is a free, 10 minute shuttle bus away from Puerto Banus and while there are no views of the ocean, the views of the mountains are beautiful. Beds are super comfortable and we found the rooms clean.
Pool: We found the pool area very nice, although the first improvement they must make is cushions for the lounge chairs. They could also use some more pool attendants; Adrian worked tirelessly to ensure all of the guests were happy, from moving chairs to fixing drinks. He was a stand out staff member.
Staff: We found the front desk staff a little stiff, but everyone else was warm and friendly.
Food: The food is really good, and the included breakfast exceeded my expectations. The Japanese restaurant was absolutely delicious. We did encounter one issue at the main restaurant where they charged us for "table set up". It was disappointing, and it only happened once which led us to believe it wasn't done in good faith.
Misc:Perhaps it was the time of year, but there were a lot of families- I'm not sure I would recommend for couples looking for a quiet vacation. Overall, it was a good experience and maybe more 4 stars than 5 (to me, 5 stars is the 4 Seasons).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin La Quinta Golf Resort & Spa, Benahavis, Marbella is ideally located in the beautiful "Valley of Golf", Marbella, which makes it a unique destination for lovers of golf, featuring its exclusive club and a 27 hole private golf course. Situated between the Mediterranean sea and the mountains of Sierra Blanca, and only 10 minutes by car from the Costa del Sol, the hotel is surrounded by an exceptionally beautiful natural landscape. This unique destination, which is blessed with a warm sunny climate all year round, is ideal for couples and families to enjoy with all the amenities and services needed for relaxation and wellbeing. The 1,500 sqm SPA, the 2 exterior swimming pools surrounded by gardens and the Westin(R) Kids Club will facilitate fun for the young ones and tranquillity for adults. The Westin La Quinta rooms and suites are comfortable and spacious, featuring an authentic Andalusian-style décor flooded with natural light, private terraces, uplifting views to the mountains and all the amenities that distinguish Westin, including the Westin(R) Heavenly Beds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, LoveHolidays and Booking.com so you can book your The Westin La Quinta Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia La Quinta Golf Hotel Marbella
- Melia La Quinta Golf And Spa Resort
- Westin Marbella
- La Quinta Marbella
- Marbella Westin
- Marbella La Quinta
- The Westin La Quinta Golf Resort & Spa Marbella, Andalucia