“Incredibly genuine, friendly staff, in a dream-like setting”

Puente Romano Beach Resort & Spa Marbella
Ranked #8 of 70 Hotels in Marbella
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Even in its limited winter capacity (and amenities are fairly limited), this place is a dream, with it's tropical gardens and large lush rooms.

If the staff are simply instructed to be that friendly, they could all be Hollywood actors, as they seem so genuinely happy to be there and to serve you. From the moment we arrived and were greeted by bellman and the front desk, until the late evening we left and were given a cart ride with our luggage back to the front desk, we were smothered with smiles. Even maintenance staff using loud leaf blowers were sure to power down, smile, and wait as we walked by; Just a nice little detail that meant so much.

Breakfast was always a particular treat, with amazing views and even better food selection. Gazpacho at the Del Mar/room service was addictive. And the option to spend cloudy days at the spa at their sister hotel was also a lovely feature. Additionally, as is always important to us, everyone was perfectly tolerant of our small dogs.

The only downsides I can attest to was the loud construction and lack of service by the one open pool, but again, I assume this was due to it being winter season. As well, the clientele at the hotel's disco, Suite, was certainly questionable and we ran into some dicey issues there. I wish they were a bit more selective about who they allowed in.

Overall though, this place wowed us on a daily basis, and I would highly recommend it any time of the year!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JLS813
PuenteRomano M, Director General at Puente Romano Beach Resort & Spa Marbella, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Puente Romano in your recent visit to Marbella and for highlighting the experience you had during your stay. It comes with great pleasure to receive such positive feedback. We are thrilled that we have mangaed to provided excellent, friendly service and that you were made to feel special.

Thank you once again for sharing your valid experience with us and please do not hesitate to contact us at any time if we can be of assistance for your future visit.

Jorge Manzur,

There are newer reviews for Puente Romano Beach Resort & Spa Marbella

Reviewed 29 January 2014

Just back from a quick business trip in January and found the Puente Romano to be a great hotel in a delightful complex complete with original Roman bridge. Not sure there is a great deal to do within walking distance but the hotel itself is recommended.

Room Tip: Rooms are in blocks each with a letter. A is closest to reception at the complex entrance while the...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Ste M
PuenteRomano M, Director General at Puente Romano Beach Resort & Spa Marbella, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a great review of your stay at Puenter Romano Hotel.

I am very pleased that we have met with your expectations during your business trip, and on behalf of all my team, I very much hope that we will have the privilege of looking after you on another occasion in sunny Marbella.

Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

Hosted a sales conf for 60 people hear and can't find a single fault to tell you about! The location, facilities and staff were all superb. The food is among the best I have tasted in the world and the cocktails were outstanding. Hopefully your getting the picture that this is a great hotel! Can't wait to go back hopefully with my family next time.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your delightful review of The Hotel Puente Romano and for awarding us your top score of five stars! I am thrilled that we met with your expectations and that we provided comfortable accommodation. I am also very pleased to read how highly you valued the service from our team, as well as the food and the ambience of our Restaurant. I will share your feedback with our team and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Puente Romano in the very near future.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

Spent a lovely time between Christmas and New Year's in Marbella and just couldn't have been more satisfied with a resort hotel than the Hotel Puente Romano with its beautiful setting, superior staff, excellent restaurants, and relative proximity to many interesting day trips, including Malaga, Ronda (not to be missed), the Alhambra in Granada, Gibraltra, and even to Tangiers, Morocco. The hotel is only minutes from the old town of Marbella which has wonderful shops and fabulous restaurants, and plenty to choose from. I would not hesitate to return to this captivating part of the world--do not miss strolling down the main street of Puerto Banus with its world-class shops and some of the most amazing yachts ever. I can only imagine how happening this place is in the spring and summer!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BarbieDoll2013
PuenteRomano M, Director General at Puente Romano Beach Resort & Spa Marbella, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your delightful review of the Puente Romano and for awarding us your top score! I am thrilled that we exceeded your expectations and that we provided comfortable accommodation during your stay. It is very delightful and encouraging to read how highly you valued the great service provided by the team, as well as the Restaurants. It is true that the Hotel is best situated in such an amazing location which enables you to have a beautiful stroll beside the seashore to Marbella or to Puerto Banus.

Thank you again for your perfect compliments, on behalf of the entire team we look forward to welcoming you back to Puente Romano.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

This is an excellent hotel in a fabulous setting. We had a suite overlooking the garden although we had booked a package including golf and expected a standard room. The lovely room was a delight with excellent service-constant replenishment of toiletries, towels, bed linen etc. The breakfast was terrific-everything you could think of was provided. We avoided the prohibitive cost for water, wine, snacks etc by providing our own-easily done. We had 3 excellent rounds of golf at the Marbella Club golf resort and a great pot of tea on the terrace afterwards overlooking the course and sunbathing in the January sun. All in all a fantastic 4 days with 2 superb meals in the Serafina Italian restaurant-pricey but special.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
PuenteRomano M, Director General at Puente Romano Beach Resort & Spa Marbella, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Dear Guest,

I was pleased to read your complimentary review and wish to thank you for taking the time and sharing you feedback on Tripadvisor.

I am happy that you thoroughly enjoyed your visit and the service extended by my colleagues both from the Marbella Club Golf Resort and here at Puente Romano and that we met your expectations. I will also share your excellent comment with the team at the Serafina Restaurant, who will be very pleased by your remark.

Thank you for having stayed with us and we are looking forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

First, let me start off by saying that the hotel is beautiful. It was our family's first trip to Marbella and the experience was, for the most part, wonderful. Their breakfast has to be one of the best we have ever seen at any 5 star hotel (Comparable to the Hotel Arts in Barcelona). All of us were very impressed with the huge selection: the exceptional salmon, fresh breads, tropical fruits, fresh juices and omelets to order. The coffee was amazing. The hotel has a relaxed vibe while being totally elegant. The workout facility-at the tennis complex-had a good selection of equipment and was well attended. (The tennis courts are beautiful should you want to play).
Our family was in the "F" building. We had 2 rooms, one for our 3 kids, and one for my husband and myself. Our kids were on the lowest level which walked out to a patio, rather than a balcony, and hubby and I were on the top floor. Our room had a separate bedroom, huge bath and lovely living area plus balcony. It was fantastic. However, upon entering the kids room, which was very large and well appointed, there was a noticeable musty smell and higher humidity. Since the hotel was full, there were no other rooms to move the kids to and it became problematic for a child with asthma. We were only there for 3 nights and the kids were finally moved for the last night to a simply stunning, and even larger room. The hotel made amends by allowing us to have a dinner on them, which was a very kind and appropriate gesture. My advice is to try to avoid the lowest level rooms which tend to have this issue, per the head of housekeeping. Additionally, if the hotel were to invest in a few de-humidifier units, that could also fix the problem. What struck us was how professionally the hotel dealt with our issue and resolved it. That is the way a true 5 Star hotel should operate.

Room Tip: Avoid lowest level rooms as some of them tend to have humidity issues--musty/moldy smells. I would a...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ctmom90
PuenteRomano M, Director General at Puente Romano Beach Resort & Spa Marbella, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your feedback following your stay with us and for constructive feedback which I will certainly share with our team.

I am delighted to read how highly you valued our service and the breakfast and I am so pleased you enjoyed this part of your stay. However I was very concerned to learn about the condition of your children’s room and I am very sorry about that. I am glad that the reception team was able to change the room. We constantly endeavour to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is always gratifying to hear that these efforts are noticed.

We do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future occasion.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 27 November 2013

My wife and I stayed at Puente Romano about eight years ago but after this recent visit we can't understand why we haven't been back sooner.
The setting of the rooms are how we remembered them consisting of a number of three storey buildings overlooking the gardens leading down to the sea. The rooms are large, as is the bathroom,well maintained with great selection of T.V. channels including Sky Sports 1 and also internet access with a P.C. terminal provided. Wi Fi access is free throughout the hotel and the speed I was getting on my iPad of 20mps is much better than I get at home(hardwired but in the sticks).
We found all the staff extremely friendly and helpful from reception, bell boys, concierge and waiting staff.
Breakfast was excellent with eggs/omelet's etc. individually cooked by a chef in the dining room as you requested them. We had two evening meals in the Serafina Italian restaurant which were superb and I would recommend before going to Puerto Banus marina, Serafina is better value and simply better food than others at the marina. I have reviewed Serafina seperately.
Puente Romano together with its sister hotel Marbella Club own the Marbella Club golf resort and include free golf with a shuttle bus to transport you the 20 or so minutes to the course, I have also reviewed the golf course seperately.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
PuenteRomano M, Director General at Puente Romano Beach Resort & Spa Marbella, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your descriptive review of The Puente Romano and for awarding us five stars. I am so pleased we exceeded your expectations and that we provided comfortable accommodation.

Personally I think the golf offer we have at the moment available which will carry on through 2014, is a fantastic offer especially for the guests who enjoy playing nearly every day at our wonderful private golf course, Marbella Club Golf Resort.

Once again we are all very happy that overall you enjoyed your stay in Hotel Puente Romano. I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back, before too long.

Yours sincerely,