Gran Melia Don Pepe
Marbella Inn(Marbella)
  • Breakfast included
El Rodeo(Marbella)
1,908 results
All reviewsred levelt bonecappuccino barclarins productsoyster bartbonered glove servicetaginesea viewbali bedsold townpool areastar hotelbreakfast buffetpuerto banuspool staffjunior suite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We chose the Melia Don Pepe because of its location with a view of the Mediterranean. We enjoyed sitting on our balcony with a glass of wine watching the sun set. Through a gate, there is access to the promenade along the Mediterranean and the beach. In January, the only restaurants open were the main dining room and Cappuccino on the promenade. Our room was very attractive but we found it over-crowded with furniture which made it seem smaller and there really wasn’t a convenient work area for a computer. We found the hotel and food a bit pricey but this is to be expected in Marbella.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
abel_lopez_ybarra, E: Red Glove Service Manager at Gran Melia Don Pepe, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Dear Barbara_a,

Greetings from Gran Meliá Don Pepe! Thank you very much for your feedback.
Indeed, the location and the views are great assets to us.

I have passed your constructive comments to our executive committee and definitely they will be taken into consideration. At Gran Meliá Don Pepe, we believe that through your comments and suggestions is the best way to improve.Therefore thank you very much.

Ms. Barbara_a, i remain at your entire disposal for anything you might need in the future.

abel.lopez.ybarra@melia.com

Reviewed 14 February 2014

I am so shocked to read one of the review here, that included unnecessary remarks about a staff member at the hotel that I have to comment. I am about to review another hotel nearby in Marbella, and was so impressed with what I saw of the Gran Melia hotel,l I was checking out trip advisor to make a booking. Somebody recommended the hotel to me as I was staying nearby, so I decided to have a look around the foyer and grounds.I was so impressed, that I immediately texted my friends to say how magnificent I thought the whole ambience of the outside space was and they should visit it before leaving Marbella. Obviously I didn't see the inside of the rooms,with the atmosphere that the decor exuded, it felt like the caribbean, one area had white table and chairs with palm trees swaying nearby, great views of the coastline, no highrise. Steps lead down to the beautiful promenade which is even more upmarket than I remembered from a previous visit. Now that the Cappuccino Rest.chain has opened right on the prom. overlooking the ocean there is a real luxury vibe to the area, they are right at the entrance to the steps from the Gran Melia. I was waiting to speak to a receptionist and witnessed and american tourist being very nasty to the female staff member. I don't believe the hotels in the costa del sol need business so badly that they should tolerate abnoxious behaviour from guests. Courtesy works both ways!!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank rosemary s
abel_lopez_ybarra, E: Red Glove Service Manager at Gran Melia Don Pepe, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2014

Dear RoseMary,

Greetings from Gran Meliá Don Pepe!

Thank you very much for taking your precious time to write in such a prestigious website like Tripadvisor. It is our pleasure to receive your positive opinion about our hotel.
For your information, we are also working on future projects like our new coming Japanese and Oriental restaurant "Tahini", our new Red Level lounge and our new Liquid Garden concept by the pool which will bring our hotel to the next level.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you wish to visit us again and it will be my pleasure to serve you: abel.lopez.ybarra@melia.com

Ms. Rosemary, i remain at your entire disposal for anything you might need.

Red Glove Service Manager

Reviewed 5 February 2014

Very nice, relaxing hotel venue. Excellent restaurant. Premium Room very good (a little small maybe). We both had minor stomach upsets whilst here, but we don't know where we picked it up from and can't say that it stopped us from enjoying our stay.

Room Tip: Choose a Premium room - you'll get a wonderful sea view.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
abel_lopez_ybarra, Red Glove Service Manager at Gran Melia Don Pepe, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2014

Dear Jonathang.

First of all we would like to thank you for sharing your opinion in this prestigious website.

We are deeply concerned about your stomach upsets. We hope they would not disturb your plans in Marbella and you could enjoy the nice and quiet ambience settle at this time.

We are delighted to read your wonderful comments about the hotel and we invited you to call us for your future stays, therefore we can perfectly fit your needs and wants, making sure you will have the loveliest stay ever.

Looking forward meeting you again in Marbella,

Abel Lopez Ybarra
Red Glove Manager

Reviewed 31 January 2014

The location of the hotel is super. We booked the Red Level Service, wat we did before in other melia hotels with less stars. A week before we arrived I receive a mail explaining wat extra service the red level would give us. So I send a mail back, asking to reservate us the special pillows and a waterboiler, and I mentioned that we would arrive late, after 10 in the evening. When we checked in there was nobody there from the Red Level( closed at 9), so we had to wait at the main reception. In our room there were no pillows or waterboiler, so I had to cal to the reception to bring them. The lounch of the red level in this hotel was disapointing to what we had in other hotels: the location at the ground floor and the rooms are at the 7th and 8th floor, openingtimes from 11 - 9, also the food was dissapointing, in other hotels we had full breakfast, tapas and desserts, here only leftovers from the breakfastbuffet, and raw vegetables with dippsause, chips, salty nuts.
The room was good, but the badroom could be better, the showerscreen on the bath was not provided with rubber, so there was an opening , and when we used the shower the bathroomfloor was al wet. The matress and pillows are not the same quality as the dreamaxquality that we used to have in the other hotels with red level.
When I did the booking I reseived a voucher of 15 euro par day to spend in the bars and restaurants of the hotel. By paying the bill ( wat was not possible at the red level, because the computer didn't work! ) there was a mistake from the bar and the voucher was only usable for the account of the poolbar.
The hotel was verry clean and the staff friendly, and we were verry lucky with the good weather for this time of the year.

2  Thank Evelyn M
abel_lopez_ybarra, Red Glove Service Manager at Gran Melia Don Pepe, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Dear Ms. Evelyn M.,

Greetings from Gran Meliá Don Pepe! We would like to thank you very much for taking the time to inform us about the incidents you experienced during your recent stay with us.

We are very sorry to learn that in certain areas we have not quite made the mark and have been unable to deliver the quality service expected of a hotel such as Gran Meliá Don Pepe.

Your comments have already been shared with the rest of managers involved and definitely will help us to improve our standards and in this case also the internal communication. Also, we are very glad to inform you that during this year, a new Red Level Lounge will be offered on a higher floor with an amazing terrace and a fantastic view to the garden and to the beach.

I certainly hope you will give us another opportunity to regain your trust and return to the Gran Meliá Don Pepe.

My apologies once again and please do not hesitate to contact us for anything you might need.

Red Glove Service Manager

Reviewed 25 January 2014

We have considered this hotel many times and finally made it in January. We booked "Red Level" as we were celebrating our anniversary. The check in was slow because staff were new. This hotels position on the promenade is superb. The room was tired but the view was fantastic. The bath was chipped and I found a piece of glass on the bathroom floor.The staff are lovely, friendly and helpful. The Red Level Lounge is, in theory, a good idea. When we were there a family brought in a 2 year old to feed it on the canapes and let it run loose while the man made business calls for all to hear, not the relaxing atmosphere we had been promised. Other children ran out of control in the lobby, abusing furniture, and were stopped by staff. To be worth the money Red Level needs to be adults only.
This hotel seems confused, expensive shops, great cocktail and oyster bar, great T Bone restaurant, all adult, then they encourage young families, the two don't sit comfortably together.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors have the best views.
1  Thank Carole R
abel_lopez_ybarra, E-Guest Experience at Gran Melia Don Pepe, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Dear Carole R,

First of all we would like to thank you for sharing your opinion on Tripadvisor and for choosing us once again for your stay in Marbella. Please, do not doubt that we take very seriously all the comments we receive from our guests and we work day by day on every suggestion in order to keep improving our service.

We do apologize the incident with the glass on the bathroom. We are really concerned about it, as you already know after so many times coming back here, this is something exceptional, a unique happening that will make sure that never happen again.

We are very happy that you have decided to choose our Red Level services, it is actually a privileged Lounge with exclusive access where there is always a Red Level Coordinator to make your stay more than exceptional and to make sure that all the users behave up to the standards. We apologize that we have not transmitted the right information.

Please, do not hesitate that we will take into account all your suggestions, and that our Guest Experience Team it is always taking care about all the guests throughout the whole hotel, making sure that no one is being bothered.

Carole R, it will be a pleasure to have another opportunity to change your impression about our resort. We are looking forward to welcome you back soon and offer you the best 5* experience.

All the team is waiting for you.

Abel Lopez