We celebrated our wedding at the hotel last September 2013 with aprox. 130 guests, most of them staying at the hotel for a few days and so did we.
First of all congratulate Cristina, the wedding coordinator, on the amazing job she did from the very beginning when we came to visit the hotel. We wanted everything to be "different" (from the timing, to the food, passing by the decoration as well) and she never had a problem with it. She always understood and assisted with everything we needed.
Both the restaurant and kitchen staff did a great job. The food was delicious and abundant. We had changed the menus to something more "Spanish" as we thought our guests coming from abroad would enjoy that. The kitchen didn't have a problem accommodating our wishes and the food was very well presented. The food was served in a timely manner even though we had some speeches in between and glasses were always full. Gema was specially attent to everything we needed and Rafa accommodated all guests requests with excellent service.
As during our wedding we were so busy and nervous we had not tried the wedding cake. The day after the chef brought us some, so that we could still enjoy it. Such a wonderful detail!!
A big thank you to the housekeeping department as the rooms were clean and welcoming. They also did something special for us by looking for the Christmas lighting which we used on the cocktail terrace (see pictures).
Thank you to the maintenance department for hanging all the different flags in the ballroom. It really looked very pretty!
We had requested to the reception department to deliver quite a few welcome bags for our guests, with explanations for the wedding, maps of the area which the hotel got for us and little gifts. Although it was busy, they delivered those upon arrival of the guests without any issues.
The only problem we have had with the hotel has been the reservations department. They have been very unprofessional and unfriendly, not only towards us but also towards our guests, even though some people were trying to book for a long period of time. They have not been accommodating, always made excuses by saying "the email had not arrived", were slow in responding and even though we brought them many room nights, they tried to double charge some of the rooms (even months after the wedding!). If you are booking your rooms at the hotel, you might as well book with a third party as they often have better rates. If you are booking a group, be ready for many problems and disappointments. The treatment we got from this department was reason enough to in more than one occasion rethink the location of the wedding. This is very sad as all the other departments did such a wonderful job!!
Because we had so many problems we often dealt with the subdirector, and he was a caring and helpful. Due to the great job he did, together of course with Cristina from the events department, we stayed and enjoyed a beautiful wedding and a week we will never forget.
Furthermore, the day before the wedding we organized a small tournament for our guests. The golf course is beautiful, varied and is very well taken care of. The views are also a joy!
For the ladies we had a champaign and pastries party in the afternoon by the beach at the "Bacardi lounge" which was tasteful and well served, where we enjoyed delicious food, excellent service and great views. A great way to relax before the wedding!
We invite you to take a look at our pictures of the hotel and the wedding as it is a stunning location!
We definitely recommend the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Guadalmina SPA & Golf Resort. MarbellaAn unbeatable location right on the Beach and by two Golf Courses. Located only ten minutes from Marbella and Estepona and only five minutes from Puerto Banus. Restaurants offering International cuisine, Cocktail Bar, Beach Club, Business Centre, WIFI, Outdoor Sea Water Swimming pool, Solarium, Pool Bar, Meeting Rooms for events & Celebrations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Guadalmina Spa & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Guadalmina Spa & Golf Marbella
- Hotel Guadalmina Spa And Golf Resort
- Guadalmina Hotel Marbella
- Golf Hotel Guadalmina
- Marbella Guadalmina
- Hotel Guadalmina Spa & Golf Resort Marbella, Andalucia