“Couldn't help? Wouldn't help?”

Hotel Fuerte Marbella
Ranked #7 of 70 Hotels in Marbella
GreenLeadersGold level
motherwell
“Couldn't help? Wouldn't help?”
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

We have stayed in this hotel every April for the last 14 or 15 years and could not recommend it highly enough, but this year we are in a room right beside the lift which is a bit too noisy for me. I asked if there was an other room available and was offered an other room beside the lift :(
I am not sure if they genuinely could not help, or would not help, but I am sure that room 449 should be avoided if you are here for R&R.

• Stayed April 2014
FMARBELLA, Gerente at Hotel Fuerte Marbella, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Thank you indeed for staying again with us and for your recommendation. I am so sorry we could not have you in the room you wished. Please let me know in advance next time you are coming and we will make sure you can enjoy as in the past stays. The team & I look forward to welcoming you once again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (388)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We stayed in this hotel in early April this year. The experience was first class from the moment we crossed the threshold until we left one week later. The hotel is ideally situated for Marbella, near to all the amenities that we wanted. The beach was just across the road, if you felt that you needed to go to the beach. There was an indoor and outdoor pool.
The staff were fantastic responding to each and every query with infinite patience and charm.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will definitely return.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JLaneJnr
FMARBELLA, Gerente at Hotel Fuerte Marbella, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
We thank you for choosing Fuerte Marbella and for your review. It is great to hear that the experience was first class from the moment you crossed the threshold until you left. We all look forward to welcoming you soon again.
CorkGerri
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Just back from El Fuerte Hotel we went for a weekend break which was perfect. We were greeted with cava on arrival. We got a jnr suite room as there were 3 of us. The room was fab with 2 flat screen t.vs. We had lunch outside on the patio our waiter Jesus was very attentive and the food great. The breakfast here is excellent and the service very good. The location was very handy to the beach and restuarants.

Room Tip: Room 112 lovely room.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank CorkGerri
Thank you for choosing us for your weekend break and for taking the time to write the review. We are very glad to know that your weekend was perfect: fab room, nice lunch on the bar terrace with attentive waiter and great food. as very attentive and the food great. Great that you rate the breakfast as excellent and the service as very good. The team & I would love to welcome you soon again at Fuerte Marbella.
Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We had a short weekend break here. The hotel is superb, immaculately clean, excellent friendly and efficient service. We had a standard/classic room which was more than adequate. Location is great, lovely gardens and pools literally a stone's throw from the beach. Lots of good bars and restaurants within 100 yards and beyond and a lovely (long) walk along the beachside promenade to Puerto Banus if you are feeling energetic. Would definitely recommend and no doubt we will return.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PaulVE2014
Thank you for your weekend stay with us and for your review. We are very glad to know that you found the hotel superb, immaculately clean, excellent friendly and efficient service. Thanks indeed for recommending it. The team & I look forward to welcoming you soon again.
Fakenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I stayed here for a week. All the staff were friendly and efficient and the room, one with a largish balcony and side-view of the sea, was spacious, the bed comfortable, the bathroom all as one would wish. You couldn't really see the sea, but you could hear it at night, which was lovely.

The public spaces - bar, lounges, of which there are many - were good, with comfortable furniture.

There's even a museum in the grounds, which is well worth a visit.

The breakfast buffet is splendid, with a very good egg-chef, and the evening buffet likewise: the fact that you can get your steak or your fish cooked for you there and then really lifts the catering a notch or two above standard hotel fare, and although there were some dishes which appeared to be standard there was plenty that was different each night. The indoor pool was a great way to unwind after a day's work.

I had to check out well before breakfast on my last day, and the picnic they gave me kept me going all day.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank spaddockuk
Thank you very much for your week stay and for your review. We are very glad to know that you enjoyed our friendly and efficient staff and the bed, the public areas, our breakfast and dinner, and even our little museum. The team & I look forward to your next visit.
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I booked a standard room, but asked for a high, quiet room. I even rang the hotel before to check that this was possible. On arrival I was offered a room that was on the first floor almost in the car park. To change I had to upgrade (an earlier review said that was €30 a night). I argued, and eventually got a room on the fifth floor next to the elevator. On day 3, I asked for a quieter room away from the elevator. It was absolutely not possible without upgrading. Fortunately I had booked 3 nights, then an extra 5 which I could cancel. I said that I would cancel. Amazingly a room just like I thought that I had booked became available for no extra charge. After that reception seemed a little difficult including asking for vouchers on the 4th day claiming that I was not in the computer. So other than reception and their desire to get more money out of you, its a decent hotel. If you have a car its €12 a night. So beware, with upgrading and parking, at that time I booked, I could have stayed in a 5 star for less money.

Room Tip: Beware the 'forced' upgrade
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Paul7777000777
FMARBELLA, Gerente at Hotel Fuerte Marbella, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Thank you very much for choosing us for your recent stay in Marbella and for your feedback which enable us to improve. I am really sorry as per your comment we did not perform up to our standards.
As a piece of information, being that we are a city hotel (in the center of Marbella and on the beach front), guests seeking for a quiet room should book a side sea view or front sea view room as these are the quietest rooms.
I would be very grateful if you could contact me next time you are planing to come to Marbella. With our kindest regards.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Stayed at the Fuerte for four nights recently with family. It's an excellent hotel - situated right on the seafront with amazing views of the Med from the room balconies. The bar area is spacious and perfect to relax with a few drinks, which are reasonably priced. There is a nice outdoor terrace too if the weather is warm enough. Marbella old town is a 5 minute walk away - the hotel couldn't be better located.

Rooms are clean and comfortable - we didn't find them dated as some other reviewers have suggested. It is worth paying the extra for a sea front room - the views are lovely.

The quality of the breakfast is very good (but not the best I've had) and the choice is vast. There is a wide variety of fruits, yoghurt, cheese and meat, bread, eggs made to order and hot food such as bacon and sausages. You can even have a glass of cava if you like. You will not be hungry for a long time after!

We also booked a day trip to Gibraltar through the hotel, which was an excellent day out and well priced at about €37.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank djsage86
FMARBELLA, Gerente at Hotel Fuerte Marbella, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Thank you for your recent stay and for your review. It is great to hear that Fuerte Marbella was an excellent choice for you - right on the seafront with amazing views, and the the room was comfortable and you enjoyed the vast selection of our breakfast and the peaceful bar terrace.
Besides Gibraltar, it is worthy visiting Ronda and Granada next time you are in the area.