“There needs to be a Change in certain aspects”

Estrella del Mar Beach Club
Ranked #1 of 25 Spas & Wellness in Marbella
Woodford, United Kingdom
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 174 helpful votes
“There needs to be a Change in certain aspects”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I found this beach club as i walked along from the Beach House in Elvira, I understand there is the hotel that is also part of this complex.

On entering it is clean with a lovely outdoor infinity pool with decent chairs /beds to lay on over looking the sea at a slightly higher view.

You also have beds on the beach side.
I asked for a tour to check out the facilities, the ladies were very helpful but on reception there command of the English language was very poor. For a place where a lot of the guest are international and speak English there needed to be someone who had a good command.

Reason i make this point was a gentleman was asking for the doors for the disabled area to be opened up for him and his wife who was in a wheel chair to exit but the woman at reception had no idea what he was saying and this went on and the man said it no less then 8 times. In the end I had to interrupt and try and explain it to the receptionist she at last understood ad the man was able to leave.

not good really for a 5 star establishment.

The following Sunday i again visited to look, only by the reception it seemed very quiet and I decided to make an appointment. For treatments and use of the facilities.

When I then went on the day of the appointment, I was not told that on that day they had a convention for at least 75 people including a number of children, the food was buffet only, and that the fact that at least 40 of the people wanted to use the Spa all at the same time the noise was as if you were in a inside playground.

15 people wanted to squeeze into the jacuzzi to have there photo taken all together, the changing rooms were so noisy. No relaxation.

You pay 12 Euros to use the beds on the beach side however even though you are paying for a day in the Spa you are not allowed by the Pool side.

This is stupid and not acceptable as they want you to pay another 35 Euros or 65 if you are not in the hotel to use the Pool area.

Due to the unacceptable noise I asked for treatment to be earlier, they said I had to wait an hour, I therefore took myself off to the Pool area and sat there.

The treatment was excellent the room was comfortable and I was happy with it.

As I was leaving and during my day there I did say i was unhappy about the noise and I had paid for a facility for I could not use. When leaving I was not offered a drink or any money off even though it was not a complete day.

No food was served at the beach side beds, this was not mentioned although I had asked prior to booking it was only the buffet yet along with 70 plus people it was a noisy nightmare.

I don't know if I would go again, but if I was going to would want to make sure it is not going to be day when they is a 70 plus persons event. realistically they should of closed it for the day.

Thats what I think anyway.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank DuquesaLondon
VincciHoteles, Atención al Cliente at Estrella del Mar Beach Club, responded to this review, 8 September 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for devoting some of your time to publishing comments and opinions, which will be very useful to us as we continue to improve on a daily basis by adapting to our customers' tastes and needs.

We were pleased to hear that you enjoyed our facilities and the treatment that you received, although we are sorry that in other respects your experience at our Beach Club was not what we would have wished.

We would like to indicate that our staff at the reception desk speaks English, and hence the incident that you report was an isolated misunderstanding.

In addition we would like to comment that we explain our all our fees to customers, and you selected an access with hammock only.

We are sorry that we could not move forward you appointment for treatment, but there was no availability. While you waited for your appointment for treatment you were offered a drink, but you refused it.

Regarding the food, since it was Sunday the restaurant was offering a barbecue buffet, but the snack menu was still available.

We thank you again for your comments, and we remain at your service for anything you might need.

With kind regards
Carmen Fernández

Liverpool, England.
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Oasis of luxury”
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

What a way to relax in the sun... gym facilities are excellent along with a beautiful spa area with pool, sauna, steam room and jacuzzi... Outside there is bali beds with an infinity pool right next to the beach and sea... It's not cheap by any means but it's an experience you won't forget.

1 Thank Fitzsta
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Good but won't pay for it especially if you're staying at the Vincci hotel”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Good facilities, but we felt that this was effectively part of the Vincci Estrella del Mar hotel, only that it located on a different site which has access to the beach that the hotel itself lack.
We went on a one day free pass complimentary of the hotel, but we were not going to pay 39 Euros per person for another day. ..think its on the steep side unless you are prepared to maximise the facilities for the whole day!
Nice and friendly staff, clean changing rooms and locker facilities.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank comfgraz
Birmingham, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Amazing indoor pool”
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Amazing indoor pool with jets. Outdoor area is very nice with sea view and a pool.
I was pregnant so could enjoy indoor area as the sea was too cold.

Visited April 2014
Toronto, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“perfection”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

loved every minute of it while we were there.
very friendly service. Great food, great drinks, great beach. Loved it.
Adults only