“Lovely hotel, great location”

Princesa Playa Hotel Apartamentos
Ranked #18 of 70 Hotels in Marbella
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one week in July. Loved the place, we asked for sea view and were given room 107- first floor overlooking the beach. Location of hotel is great, there's enough bars and restaurants in the evening if you don't want to go far or take a short stroll to orange square which comes to life by 9pm. Staff were really helpful and the room service was great, anything we asked for was dealt with straight away, all in all lovely little hotel and would definately return here.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Miranda2014
There are newer reviews for Princesa Playa Hotel Apartamentos

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Just got back last week and found this hotel to be just ideal. A great price, the Hotel was clean had lots of great points possibly a couple of not so good but it's a Spanish Hotel what can you expect? It is not the Ritz but you get a nice room cleaned daily and if you are lucky as I was you get a fantastic view (room 606),You can ask the maid for an extra hand towel or tea towel and they are very helpful. The position of the Hotel is very good 5 minutes walk to the Orange Square. You can walk along the front to P. Banus which takes a while but your on holiday what's the rush| Around the Hotel along the promenade there are a lot of bars and places to Dine good Tapas bars hidden in side streets and lots of great ice-cream parlours.

Room Tip: A lot of rooms have a sea view, some may find the sound of the sea rolling in throughout their stay...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 88SteveL88
Reviewed 28 June 2014

For us the location was definately ideal, and even though we did not have a front facing sea view, we could still see the mountains and partial sea view - brilliant value for money.The rooms were clean, well equipped and also had air con. (Tip - do take tea towels & dishcloths, as were not provided). The reception desk were very friendly & efficient, and roof top pool was great (although was not opened until 10am, a little late if you are a true sun worshipper!) Would definately recommend and stay again if self catering :)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 June 2014

30 of us stayed at the Princessa Playa in early June and its a perfect location for getting to the golf courses and also for the local nightlife. The old town and the marina bars and restaurants are a five minute stroll away. Apartments are perfect for 2 to 3 people and they also have studio's for those who prefer a single room.
Would definitely use this place again if we go back to Marbs !

Room Tip: quieter rooms on the side, but they still have a sea view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Having gone the all inclusive route for the last few years we decided to change tack this year by going to Marbella and taking a self catering apartment. Having gone to Marbella on several occasions in the past I was aware of all the lovely restaurants and cafes in the old town and on the seafront. What I was after therefore was a decent room in a good position. I have started to use www.booking.com lately as I find the "book now - pay later" option a great way to save. I book our studio room back in January on this basis at a cost of £790 for two weeks. Three weeks before we were due to go the price on the site had gone up to £1600 for the same two weeks. Aside from that bit of advice for all hotel bookings here is my comments about the hotel itself.
Location - I would say almost perfect with a short walk to the beach, promenade and town.
Reception - Always helpful when asked. Swift check in and check out.
Lobby Area - It has a PC you can pay to get onto the internet set up and it also has WIFI available, albeit a bit slow. The is an area with local feature leaflets which you can browse but other than that a bit quiet.
Our room - we were allocated a room on the left hand side of the hotel looking out to the sea. Our balcony looked over the sea and the road to the side. For what we paid we couldn't complain! The room was serviced well every day and had everything you would expect. The bathroom had a shower but no bath which might be considered a drawback to some. The TV channels lacked some of the standard UK channels as reported in previous reviews so whether that has changed recently I don't know. What I did see was that the TV had a USB slot so you could take a few movies on a USB stick if you wanted.
The kitchen area was compact but function however other than tea and coffee in the morning and the odd piece of sliced melon it wasn't used to its full extent.
Breakfast - we did try it once but it was a bit of a confusion. I assume they expect everyone to have the buffet which means everything on show however we didn't want much and it did seem to present the staff a problem. In the main we walked out and if we wanted breakfast you can find places with a good selection at good prices.
Pool Area - we used this on a few occasions and I liked it. It is small and on good days the loungers can be taken up quickly however the pool is clean and refreshing. On downside is that the bar charges about 3 euros for a small beer however as the place is apartments I can't see why you can take your own in - which I did.
All in all, for what we paid, we had a good experience. I'm not sure if the views would be similar if I have paid twice as much but that's part of the art of assembling a holiday I guess!

Room Tip: I think rooms ending in 5,4 or 3 are the ones overlooking the sea however they are apartments so if...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank sunandsandseekersuk
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

I couldn't fault the place. The staff were polite and helpful, the room had a sea view, a comfortable bed, an excellent shower and the room was cleaned daily. It felt safe and well-run. The rooftop pool was a lovely sun trap and the location meant I was only 5 minutes walk from the restaurants and shops of the old town whilst also 50m from the sea. I used it as a base - nothing more - and for that it was perfect. It was excellent value too - I paid less than €400 for a week. I will definitely go back.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Richard G
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Great apartments, spotless and staff very professional, excellent location with great roof top pool and terrace. Only thing that left it down was the WIFI very poor only available in the reception area and very very slow, other than that its a great place.

Room Tip: Bus stop directly behind apartments to la canada shopping centre and only €1.18 each way - Marbella...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo