“annual golf trip”

Marbella Golf & Country Club
Ranked #44 of 105 Outdoor Activities in Marbella
More attraction details
Owner description: Marbella Golf Country Club is located in the heart of the Costa del Sol, just five minutes away from the cosmopolitan city of Marbella. It is considered one of the best and most challenging golf courses in Spain. Designed by the legendary Robert Trent Jones Senior in the late 80's and occupying one of the largest remaining green areas on the Costa del Sol, the 6.000 meter long 18-hole links course with a par of 72, has been imaginatively designed to respect the natural terrain and make the most of the spectacular Mediterranean backdrop. Each hole is uniquely challenging. There are numerous cleverly placed bunkers and lakes which will have to be successfully negotiated if you are to achieve a decent score. The course blends in perfectly with the lush natural surroundings which include rolling green hills and olive trees, and is a joy to play it for a perfect Spain golf holidays.
Reviewed 17 November 2017

from the time we arrived at this golf club we knew we were in for a fantastic days golf we played on November 9th 8 golfers the club house is a compromising building which just ouses class and although the front nine holes are tough the back nine becomes much easier it was our first time here and we have already booked for next November . thank you all at the club and course

Mike M, General Manager at Marbella Golf & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2017

Dear Paul,

We’re very pleased to hear that you and your group enjoyed your day with us. I was running the buggy bar that day and remember your group well. You are always welcome at Marbella Golf so see you next November.

All reviews
"accuracy"
"rounds"
"handicapper"

Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

We had Sunday lunch here a few weeks ago. Excellent food, beautiful view and very helpful staff. Would recommend a visit, it is a gem on the Costa. John and Eileen McNamara.

Mike M, General Manager at Marbella Golf & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

Dear John and Eileen,

We're very pleased you enjoyed your Sunday Lunch with us recently. It would be great to see you both again in the future.

Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

Very strange course. 1st 9 holes feels like every shot is a trick shot, keep your driver in the bag! Last 9 are more honest and open. Greens are super fast with lots of line, tee boxes are in really bad shape. Clubhouse feels very old fashioned, on the driving range, the balls are way outdated.
There are many better options to play in the neighbourhood.

1  Thank verheli
Mike M, General Manager at Marbella Golf & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for visiting us recently. I think you may be confusing trick shots with simply hitting a straight shot. Our tee boxes are in very good shape, in my opinion so not sure what you saw about them. Our greens are good so thank you for that observation. As I have never had anyone say a negative thing about our clubhouse, everyone says it’s the best on the coast, I don’t know how to respond to your comment. Anyway, it sounds to me we are not a good fit for each other. Best of luck in the future.

Regards,

Reviewed 23 October 2017

8 of us have been visiting Spain for the past 4 years and this was our first experience of Marbella Golf & Country Club. I'd read a lot of reviews saying how difficult, and poorly designed, the front 9 was. Our players range from10-22 handicap, and not one of them complained or had any problems with it. The only "complaint" was the greens, but we played after torrential rain and thunder storms, so can't put that down to the Club, so I'd better have a word with someone from a "higher level"!

We met the famous, or infamous, Mike, the General Manager. What a fantastic chap, and example to all of the, extremely friendly, staff he is. He certainly leads by example and even drives around on the refreshment buggy dishing out the drinks and snacks, and giving any tips for the next hole. He joined us for a drink after our round and we chatted for quite a long time. We found all of the staff very friendly and helpful, nothing was too much trouble. The Clubhouse and facilities are fantastic. This may sound like a threat Mike, but we will definitely be back next year. I'll contact you beforehand with details and date etc, as we discussed.

Derek and the other guys from Cornwall

1  Thank Derek B
Mike M, General Manager at Marbella Golf & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2017

Hi Derek,

Nice to hear from you and thank you very much for fantastic review of our course, staff and facilities. I really enjoyed having you all here with us last Saturday and look forward to your next visit. Please do let me know when you are coming so I can be available on the refreshment cart again.

See more reviews
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

Played here in early October with a number of friends. The clubhouse, with it’s good food, fine balcony, and changing room facilities are all top class.
The course itself however is another matter entirely .
The front nine is very tight with huge changes in elevation, and some strange routing in order to get to tee 10. The back 9 is much more straightforward and is a pleasant stretch of holes without being anything special. The course was in terrible condition, some greens appear to be diseased and were awful to putt on. We played six different courses in eight days and this was by far the worst.
We will not be returning to this golf course.

Mike M, General Manager at Marbella Golf & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Dear Michael,

I am so very sorry to hear you did no enjoy your experience with us. As General Manager, I am not aware of any "terrible conditions" regarding our course. I assure you with 170 members, many in residence and playing 3 times per week, we would not be allowed to maintain less than optimum conditions for the time of year. I am also not aware of any greens disease that would affect the putting surfaces. We take great pride in, and are known, for our greens condition and consistency. I am not sure what could have been going on the day you played.

I do, however, thank you for your praise of our facilities, service and food. Please enjoy your future golf on the Costa del Sol, wherever you play.