“Excellent value, fantastic for couples and families. Stag and hens would advise to avoid hotel. This is a little gem”
Review of BlueBay Banus

BlueBay Banus
Ranked #35 of 70 Hotels in Marbella
Reviewed 13 August 2012

I have just come back today from the BlueBay Banus, me and my friend went for our 40th birthday treat. The hotel is mainly spainish clientele and aprox 10% British. But dont let this put you off, it stops all the lager lout shouting and swearing and if you dont mind hearing spainish accents it.s fine as you are in Spain.
There is a kids club with entertainment programme, shows are a little basic but they do try. I would sooo recommend the all inclusive at the hotel as this proved to be the biggest saving in an expensive resort. All drinks from cocktails to soft drinks to large measures of spirits included all day till 1130pm.
One fantastic advantage was that there was no running to get the towels on the bed, because mainly spainish its very relaxed and you can get up at 9am an still get a bed and this is in the height of the season. Beach is about 10 min walk and is very lovely, nightlife aprox 20 min walk can get cabs but is aprox 9 euros each way.
As two ladies it was fine for us we wasnt looking for a mad weekend but somewhere we could relax and have the nightlife if we wished.
The food is very good with a selection of different foods, you wont go hungry I've put on 10 pounds in 4 days, not good but as you can tell the food was very edible with a good selection.
The rooms are basic and I would say rustic andalucian style, but they are clean there was not one insect. Daily cleaning of room and towel change.
I would advise to upgrade to superior room as the rooms near the front could be noisy with the main road but the rooms by the pool there was no noise.
All in all I would go back and have been looking today to book again.
For families and couples perfect hens and stags this would be to tame a hotel and you could feel uncomfortable in a large group as it's not really that type of hotel. 4 nights we stayed and was money well worth spent, dont spend a fortune on this hotel look for a good price deal and your holiday will be a pleasure to enjoy.

Room Tip: Would always upgrade if you can to superior rooms, and ask to be away from motorway near by the pool...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
7  Thank Lisa G

Reviewed 13 August 2012

First impressions were bad when upon arrival to room I was met with pigeon poo on the walls & a huge amount on the balcony, however, we were swiftly moved & for the next 2weeks had a superb holiday!!! The food was excellent, great choices, fresh & never got boring, the only complaint about the restaurant would be the manager of this area, who seemed 2think he was the king & this area was his empire which he ruled with an iron fist! He even took a glass of water off somebody as they weren't all inclusive, which was harsh, along with the disrespect he showed 2 other English people & his staff who were great!
The pool bar was fantastic, a credit 2the hotel, along with the open bar & I can't say enough good things about the animation staff!
Great location, is about 20min walk into banus but very nice walk all the same & would definitely recommend this hotel!!! Decor in rooms could do with update along with common sense when it comes to allocating rooms to people that are a double at best when 2 adults & a child are arriving!!!

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank Jonnyafc
Reviewed 12 August 2012

I almost changed my booking after reading some of the reviews on here but after being there I can safely say we had a great experience. The staff were very helpful and polite at all times. Our room was clean and the air con worked just fine. The food was alright, nothing spectacular but a large selection on offer. The pool is clean and as long as your out at a reasonable time in the morning there are plenty of sunbeds (which were all replaced during the time I was there). Yes the resort is catering for a mainly Spanish clientele, but as mentioned already the staff were polite and friendly to us at all times. I would agree that this is not a 4 star hotel, but it is value for money. A 15 minute walk along the sea front from the main bars and restauraunts in Puerto Banus.

3  Thank Chivers7
Reviewed 7 August 2012

I always read reviews of hotels on here before I go and when I come back, wonder if i was staying in the same place as some of these complainers. I thought this hotel was brilliant! The staff were very friendly and helpful, the food was excellent, there was a great choice (especially at breakfast), the rooms were very clean and we were given clean beach towels every day. There were 2 pools, we used the smaller pool which was very clean and quiet, perfect for tanning it up.

I travelled with my friend, we are both 24, and enjoy a night out. The hotel was slightly further away than stated when we booked it. It was about a 1.5km walk each way, every night, but it wasn't too bad, as long as your heels aren't too high or I'm sure you could get a taxi.

The centre of Puerto Banus is where it's all happening which is where we went every night. I would ddefinitely stay here again. The only complaint I would have would be the air con, which didn't feel like it was on but other than that everything else was great!

I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank kjonesy88
Reviewed 29 July 2012

just came back from a week at this so called 4 star hotel. i'd give it 2 at best.
starting on a positive the food was pretty good. we were all inclusive. (apart from fizzy water!!)
now where to begin?
the majority of hoidaymakers were spanish and as far as the hotel staff were concerned if you were british you were invisible, they could barely look at you when you asked for any help.
never known such rude staff. the rooms were basic and the cockroaches were thrown in for free and i'm not joking. air con did not work very well, and don't expect a lie in after a heavy night, 8.30 am and the cleaning staff start thier rounds. would i go back......never!!!!

Room Tip: just avoid this hotel!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
10  Thank Joe M
Reviewed 27 July 2012

the air con was non excistent . on checking out at midday putting our luggage in the store room we went for dinner to be told we wernt entitled to it even thow it was out 10th day that we had payed for . i had a terrible accident on my second nite a drain cover was rotten callapesd beneath me had to over explain my self to the manager. reception staff rude and unhelpful full of spanish holiday makers there wont be returning to this hotel not a 4 star no way .

Room Tip: corner suite
3  Thank sharren g
Reviewed 25 July 2012

We stayed for four nights so that we could spend some time with our daughter who lives nearby. Check in was quick, and we were given a map of the Resort and instructions of how to find our room. We booked a standard double room and were given one on a first floor, not too much trouble for us to carry our bag.s up th flight of stairs, but could be a problem if you are not so able. The room was very clean and comfortable, very spacious bathroom, air conditioning (ceiling fan) seemed a bit inconsistent, first day lovely and cool, then not, not sure if we were operating it correctly, someone came to look at it for us but couldn't feel any difference after they left.

Lovely pools although usual problem of being unable to get a sun lounge later in the day as many were occupied by towels. Really great breakfast with excellent selection of hot and cold food and good lunchtime meal at the bar. Beware the ready mixed cocktails form the beach bar, they are dreadful! You can walk down the road to the beach, about 5 minutes, and the hotel has another bar there, with a part of the beach you can use, sunbeds are 7 euros for the day.

There is a nice promenade you can walk along by the beach to the Port which is about a 15 minutes walk, a great beach cafe and bar called Pedro's about half way along makes a good stop, we ate there a few times and loved it.

Would definitely stay at this hotel again, but would book a premium room with balcony.

5  Thank lilly57